committed this time

Options
Hello everyone!
I am a mother of two and I have battled the up then down up then up then up since my first was born. Im here because I cant enjoy life the way I used to. I have 35 pounds I want to lose. I've been working out rigorously for almost a week now and im afraid im gonna fall off the band wagon. Any and all kind words are appreciated!

Replies

• acard2008
    acard2008 Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi! Just wanted to make sure you know that when you start exercising, your muscles go through a cycle of being torn down and rebuilt. This is a good thing BUT, it causes water retention in the muscles as the muscles rebuild. So, when you first start exercising, you may actually either gain weight or lose no weight because of this water retention and subsequent changes in muscle tissue. What could be happening is that you're actually losing fat but retaining water in the muscles and gaining weight from the muscles building. I hope this helps you feel a little better about what's happening. Instead of solely gauging your success on weight, take body measurements. This is a more accurate measure of whether your routine is working.
  • NicoleMartinelli8
    NicoleMartinelli8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take it pound by pounds. Don't overwhelm yourself
  • erinml1313
    Options
    Ive lost 3 inches total so far. I know measurements are what matters, but I would also like to see a change on the scale. I feel good, but around week two I get "lazy" and overwhelmed with daily activities so I tend to push exercise off. It was a great motivator seeing the change already in my body. Even my fiance said hes noticed things toning up. I just need people who are doing the same thing to send good vibes...hes not into fitness and thinks im fine the way I am. So hes not exactly pushing me lol. But thank you, im glad I found a place where the people are going through it too
  • LaurenRaeLIFE
    LaurenRaeLIFE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job Erin! I'm sending you 'zip-up-your-favorite-jeans' vibes ALL DAY! You got this girl...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    erinml1313 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I am a mother of two and I have battled the up then down up then up then up since my first was born. Im here because I cant enjoy life the way I used to. I have 35 pounds I want to lose. I've been working out rigorously for almost a week now and im afraid im gonna fall off the band wagon. Any and all kind words are appreciated!
    If you're REALLY committed, then falling off the bandwagon is just a deterrence. Committed people see through obstacles and deterrences to reach goal. So do you just have a desire or are you really committed?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png