Senior Exercise Dvd Recommendations?

Options
Hello,

I'm new to MFP and am hoping some of you may be able to recommend some fun dvds suitable for seniors or those who may not be able to keep up with standard exercise Dvds. For a bit of background I'm 26, 225 lbs, have had congestive heart failure, have fairly regular seizures, have high blood pressure, and have recently had a TIA (mini stroke). So, my left half isn't functioning quite as well as it should be. I'm looking for something I can keep up with that won't be too stressful. I like exercise dvds better than the gym and lost 40lbs (have kept it off for over a year) using dvds before, but those are just too hard for me to keep up with now. Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear about your health problems.
    Here is a web page that might point you in the right direction
    http://www.helpguide.org/articles/exercise-fitness/exercise-and-fitness-as-you-age.htm
    Also here is a video
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uzk6f2GnO8

Glad to see you are working on regaining some of your strength and mobility.
    Cheers, h.

Ps keep up with your TIA recovery. My friend had 3 in close succession and a year later she is fully mobile. We went to mild water fit to help her with strength, mobility and balance. If you can see if you have a class near you- it may help.
  • leelala2
    leelala2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Slow stretching excercises that you can do at your own pace would be a good idea I think. "Moving to Mozart with Ann Smith" is wonderful. Also "AM & PM Stretch" with Madeline Lewis by Gaiam is very good. They both emphasize only doing what you are comfortable with. Since I started using them my range of motion has much improved.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansome! I had what was thought to be a TIA at 32 (although it turned out to be hemiplegic migraine). Leslie's videos helped me back into moving and going at my own pace.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Sit and be fit

It's kinda lame but very doable for most people.