Day 1

Options
Started working out today. Need some friends for accountability and support! Need encouragement, as I suffer from lack of motivation. I need to stay strong and make myself do this. I used to think about it as I would sit on the couch, weeks and month are passing me by and I am NOT a good example to my kids, nor am I happy when I look in the mirror. There is a full length mirror in the ladies locker room at planet fitness and my only thought was.. "It's gonna get better from here". Thought to take a picture as motivation and for a before and after but forgot my phone!
Any encouragement would be a blessing. Thanks!

Replies

• trey111
    trey111 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck you got this.
  • jamiefarnsworth952
    Options
    This app is awesome I used to be right there with ya I lost 70 lbs the first time I used it I'll send u a friends request you get to where you wanna be I'm sure of it!!!!!
  • wholecat
    wholecat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same mental state. We can do it!!
  • penny0207
    penny0207 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Being married 26 years and being a mommy, I put on a lot of weight. But now, I have my last child about to graduate so now I can start concentrate on me. It's hard to get started but you will start to feel better as you go. I actually started my weight loss a month ago after being diagnosed with diabetes. I am down 20 lbs so far!
    You can do this... It won't happen overnight but it WILL happen!! Good luck to you!!!
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi @Mlangford1979! Welcome! I'm just 9 days ahead of you and I've lost a shocking 2 lbs! I'd say the fact I haven't slipped up or binged is 100% - and I mean 100% - due to reading these community boards. I have never seen such humble, supportive, hard-working, goal-setting people. This is an amazing place. Jump into reading whenever you feel weak and you'll be astonished, as I've been. People share the most amazing things and I think, "Oh wow! That's how my brain thinks about food too! No wonder I gained these lbs!" You can do this! Promise!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting up and doing it. I hope you do get that photo, they can be very inspirational. Being a good example to the kids is great motivation. I have a 10 year old daughter and I'm trying to teach her the difference between being on a diet to be thin and being aware of what you eat in order to fuel your body and be healthy and strong.
    I don't want her to see me fail and that keeps me going.

what kind of exercise are you doing?
  • Baddshepp
    Baddshepp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started working out today. Need some friends for accountability and support! Need encouragement, as I suffer from lack of motivation. I need to stay strong and make myself do this. I used to think about it as I would sit on the couch, weeks and month are passing me by and I am NOT a good example to my kids, nor am I happy when I look in the mirror. There is a full length mirror in the ladies locker room at planet fitness and my only thought was.. "It's gonna get better from here". Thought to take a picture as motivation and for a before and after but forgot my phone!
    Any encouragement would be a blessing. Thanks!

• sammysue210222
    Options
    Today is #2 for me I have been drinking protiene shakes and one meal a day maybe some healthy snacks through out the day but not going over my total calories I'm allowed to eat. Got a gym membership and I am so determined. In the last year I have gained 40 lbs since I abandoned my healthy lifestyle and workouts. Let me tell you I'm not the type of person who can do that I was born big boned. If I did it before I can do it again and so can you ! :) day #1 back on MFP I feel so good :) good luck you can do it.