Running for Beginners

Options
x8qs4pqvt86u.jpg

I really want to start this challenge! And I want to keep motivated and post on here and if anyone wants to join me too!

I'm starting this challenge on Monday, March 23. Each week starts on a Monday and this is a twelve week program to get you from the bottom to the top! I can't wait to get started. I'm a dance major at school so I'm not completely out of shape but I definitely can't run and my ultimate goal is to be able to run 5 miles straight so this is a good start for me :)

I'll post progress reports every Sunday on how this is going and by June 14th I should be able to run 2 miles straight!

Please feel free to share your stories of getting started running, join me in this journey, post progress reports, and just motivate if you want to!

:blush:

-Jess

Replies

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My best advice is to be fitted for a pair of running shoes. Have someone analyze your gait and arch. Incorrect shoes are a big part of injury.
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've started running thanks to the Zombies! run! 5k trainer. In 8 weeks I should be able to do a 5k! :D Congrats on starting something that excites you!!