Life vs online

Options
OK, first off I love this site, I love the support I have found here, and I love the realizations it has helped me find. But...

It is numbers, it is a website, it isn't life.

Pay attention to what is going on in your body. Pay attention to how you feel. Pay attention the changes. That is really your results!

Replies

• Marazene
    Marazene Posts: 97
    Options
    /bumpity bump bump!!! :bigsmile:
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Absolutley!

And don't lie to yourself. If you eat it, log it in.
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I agree - the only one you are cheating is yourself when you don't.

Plus often times, it's not nearly as bad as you originally thought it was :)
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options

I agree - the only one you are cheating is yourself when you don't.

Plus often times, it's not nearly as bad as you originally thought it was :)

I totally agree, once I logged my food yesterday I realised it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    I must admit on a side note I really love the Internet, I am a keen online gamer and have made friends all over the world, we've even all gotten together in real life and had a blast of a holiday.
    Plus and this is a biggie :wink: I met my partner whilst online, chatting on a forum :bigsmile: Internet FTW :drinker:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not sure I completely agree with this. Not going to log the third rib I ate, buy also not logging all the time I spent shaking my *kitten* on the dance floor.

Think at some point we need to be accountable to ourselves only. Isn't that what this site teaches us?
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Not sure I completely agree with this. Not going to log the third rib I ate, buy also not logging all the time I spent shaking my *kitten* on the dance floor.

Think at some point we need to be accountable to ourselves only. Isn't that what this site teaches us?

I think this. I try to be accountable to all major items I eat, but doesn't it all work out that if I don't log mowing the yard or jumping around with my kid, that maybe I need not log that cup of tea or serving of pretzels I grabbed on the go?
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hockeyman -

Don't know about you, but I am at the piont where I want to use this as a tool to help me live life. I am incredibly greatful for the changes that is has inspired. But in a sense it has made me feel like a slave to to site. Obsessive at times.

Yes, I still want to lose, yes I still want to proceed with a healthy lifestyle. But I am growing tired of feeling that I am missing out on life in order to do so.

I will keep logging, will probably do so for years to come. But I am at a point where I am happy with my body, and happy with my ability to make better choices. But I am no longer ok with the guilt that cones with occassionaly being over. Or choosing to indulge when I know I have been under days earlier, and can be tomorrow.

Yes it is a day by day choice, but out bodies don't loose and gain significant weight in a day. It is about how we live out lives. And that is what I want to do. Live, and enjoy living.
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What is sure is that our bod know exactly what went in and how many calories were spent. We can't lie to it, no matter what we log or don't log, food or exercise. MFP is just a way to get a closer idea to what is really happening and taking control. I don't worry that the items logged are exactly what I ate as my body will do exact math.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hockeyman -

Don't know about you, but I am at the piont where I want to use this as a tool to help me live life. I am incredibly greatful for the changes that is has inspired. But in a sense it has made me feel like a slave to to site. Obsessive at times.

Yes, I still want to lose, yes I still want to proceed with a healthy lifestyle. But I am growing tired of feeling that I am missing out on life in order to do so.

I will keep logging, will probably do so for years to come. But I am at a point where I am happy with my body, and happy with my ability to make better choices. But I am no longer ok with the guilt that cones with occassionaly being over. Or choosing to indulge when I know I have been under days earlier, and can be tomorrow.

Yes it is a day by day choice, but out bodies don't loose and gain significant weight in a day. It is about how we live out lives. And that is what I want to do. Live, and enjoy living.

The reason I LOVE logging my food is because I have a tendency to overeat, particularly on pizzas or good Indian food or good bar food. This tool and others like it, help me keep the calorie and balance I need. I know my body needs a balance of carb/fat/protein, but without tracking it, I know I fail at keeping it right. How do I know this? My midsection tells me so.

So I do not view MFP as a slavedriver. It's my friend and it is helping me.As long as staying at a certain weight matters to me, logging my foods matters too.

HOWEVER, as you stated, if I eat a second helping of sweet chili rice cakes, and I don't get it into the cpu, then so be it. I don't run to the cpu to log my 60 minutes of playing outside with a toddler either- it all works out. If I go over on a day here or there, that's no biggie either right? Most days I'm going under, I'm eating better foods whatever.