Working on losing 50lbs by summer.Who is with me?

Replies

• jacobandrewsmom
    jacobandrewsmom Posts: 4 Member
    Me too!! I'm looking to get rid of 20lbs of baby weight from 8 years ago that I've lost once and it follows me haha!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    999tigger wrote: »
    Please set yourself a realistic target otherwise you will get disappointed.
    1-2lb a week is a healthy rate of loss.

Its all very well setting yourself a target, but it helps if you fully appreciate what you have to do to achieve it.

50lbs is at least 175,000 calories not eaten or burned less than your maintenance.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
    Is a good rule of thumb.

AMEN! Thank you :)
  • nnitra
    nnitra Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!! I need the extra push
  • sandor1
    sandor1 Posts: 1
    I'm in! I hear ya! I've already lost 10 so here's to another 40!!! Gotta get more fit for a half I signed up for in August!
  • annvalerio
    annvalerio Posts: 27 Member
    FITM0M30 wrote: »
    annvalerio wrote: »
    My work out
    30 min
    10min march in place
    2x15side sit ups
    2x15 sit ups
    2x15 side twist
    2x15toe touches
    2x10 ech leg side lifts
    2x10firehydrant each leg
    2x10rear leg kick back (all fours kick leg up out straight)
    Done
    I usually walk for 30 outside closer to dinner

Just wondering how many calories do you eat? (No judgments :) )

1200...I weigh 190 now and Im 5'7"
  • annvalerio
    wendyv895 wrote: »
    50lbs by summer would be great! but I tend to focus on smaller goals at a time. Like right now I'm going for 20lbs by the end of summer. If I lose more great! What are your thoughts on this way of thinking?

Let's do it! At least accountability will help to helps take small steps to long lasting results

Im in ...no matter what , I neef a change!;)
  • annvalerio
    My work out
    30 min
    10min march in place
    2x15side sit ups
    2x15 sit ups
    2x15 side twist
    2x15toe touches
    2x10 ech leg side lifts
    2x10firehydrant each leg
    Done

Am I good?
  • annvalerio wrote: »
    I was on so ma ny steroids recently and gainef 20 lbs over the year..ugh[/quote

I too was once on steroids. I put on 54lbs in one year because of them. I lost all that weight. It was some time ago, but it sure sticks with you.
  • tbaycandy wrote: »
    I want to loose 30 by August 22/15- My daughters wedding. I am new to this, so not sure how this works.... do I just check in here every day ????

Congrats to your daughter! August 22nd is my birthday btw! Your daughter picked a great day:)

• FITM0M30
    FITM0M30 Posts: 75 Member
    My work out
    30 min
    10min march in place
    2x15side sit ups
    2x15 sit ups
    2x15 side twist
    2x15toe touches
    2x10 ech leg side lifts
    2x10firehydrant each leg
    Done

Am I good?

I think so. I am also on 1200. I am 5'4" and 174 I am been losing about a pound a week

• rich3764
    rich3764 Posts: 7 Member
    I am new and have the same goal z feel free to add me Thank You
  • Joel33mfp
    Joel33mfp Posts: 23
    Ladies... And guy... 50 pounds is a great goal and I hope everyone reaches it... But it's also a big goal... A good rule when setting a big goal is to also give yourself small goals along the way and rewards for those small goals. Like new... "Fill in the blank" fir the 1st 10 pounds and another reward at 20 pounds and so on... Anything to help keep you motivated. Now, a lot of people pointed out the health risks of losing weight too fast and they are right, now the bigger you are the more you can lose each week. I trained a 68 year old man who's came to me with a bet he made with his free fir $1000 to lose 100 pounds in a year. He hit 85 pounds in the year. The point, bug goals can happen, but even if you fall short... You still win. Good luck to all... Stay healthy, drink 1/2 your body weight in oz of water and get the same in grams of proteins.
  • Williajones
    Williajones Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!!! I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds by the first of summer. I love the accountability.
  • Showe53188
    Showe53188 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm in! I think by the 1st day of summer if like at least 30lbs I do have an ultimate 50lb goal but have not been able to take weight off very fast before
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Ok so at a steady and unlikely 2lbs a week your looking at 25 weeks or around 6 months summer next year sounds like a better option to me
  • ngomez325
    ngomez325 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! I'm excited :#
  • I'm in! I want that beach body
  • annvalerio
    Showe53188 wrote: »
    I'm in! I think by the 1st day of summer if like at least 30lbs I do have an ultimate 50lb goal but have not been able to take weight off very fast before

A goal is a goal..as long as youbhitbthe mark.Thats how I look at it.If it takes a little longer it A.O.K
  • annvalerio
    Joel33mfp wrote: »
    Ladies... And guy... 50 pounds is a great goal and I hope everyone reaches it... But it's also a big goal... A good rule when setting a big goal is to also give yourself small goals along the way and rewards for those small goals. Like new... "Fill in the blank" fir the 1st 10 pounds and another reward at 20 pounds and so on... Anything to help keep you motivated. Now, a lot of people pointed out the health risks of losing weight too fast and they are right, now the bigger you are the more you can lose each week. I trained a 68 year old man who's came to me with a bet he made with his free fir $1000 to lose 100 pounds in a year. He hit 85 pounds in the year. The point, bug goals can happen, but even if you fall short... You still win. Good luck to all... Stay healthy, drink 1/2 your body weight in oz of water and get the same in grams of proteins.

Thanks ..for all your in put an Motivational ideas
    I like thevrewards idea for sure
    Women love rewards (gifts)
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Count me in too!