Suggestions for exercise...

So I lost 15lbs over about 3 months in the summer, then gained it all back plus 5 since the beginning of November, especially about 5lb over the past month. I really want to exercise but the new weight on my body really hurts (physically). It sounds strange but I am in so much pain with the weight and swelling on my stomach, tried to bike yesterday and was in tears after about 15minutes because of the pain so had to give up. Does anyone have suggestions of simple exercises to ease back into things that will be effective but not demanding. I already walk about 7.5km to and from work...

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    Do you have access to a pool? Swimming is wonderful exercise and the buoyancy is perfect when you're sore.
  • christina3180
    christina3180 Posts: 7 Member
    I would suggest yoga. Its hard at first but its slow and helps stretch.

When I started gym routines I started slow and did 2 days a week at least. I would get on elliptical for .5 of a mile and work my way up. Small goals are still goals, small victories are still victories.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i love the elliptical at the gym! when i started back in jan, i could BARELY do 10 minutes. now i can do an hour, easy. :)
  • lilMimi24
    lilMimi24 Posts: 15 Member
    Ooh thanks for the suggestions, i had completely forgotten about the elliptical. I love that machine! Managed to get out for a run yesterday as was less swollen than usual. Oh it felt soooo great, i actually LOVE exercise. I'll try to do 20mins yoga/stretching in the morning (when i can get out of bed on time) but I feel very awkward at the moment. Cheers all :)