I am NOT fat!!

Options
I struggle with seeing myself as I really am. I hear this is common in people who have lost weight. Some days it's easier than others to recognize the change ... but some days I still see who I was nearly 60 extra pounds ago. I wonder if I will ever see the real me? This morning, after doing a wrap with a friend last night, I took some pics (lost about 1/2 inch with the wrap, but, eh, that's probably temporary). I was feeling meh when I happened to come across some pics I took a year ago while wearing the same pj bottoms ... Then I had a WHOA moment. I have changed!

I wanted to share with y'all before I lost my nerve.

5'3"
Started 1/1/2014
SW: 185
CW: 128 (normally, 126 but you know how it goes at certain times, ladies!)
GW: ???

f280128f-02a7-4454-b612-eea5a6d1cd26_zpslelqs2vm.jpgd23eeeff-64c4-4d6f-8f88-a1f6d44db2f2_zps86jv0fgv.jpg

cb335cfe-2904-438c-a38c-21c8e6143bd9_zpsv94k8uuw.jpg933ad972-3c85-4177-aeff-7eae0464a476_zpsawtqxxwi.jpg

041ff3d5-0edd-4d63-989e-fd52926b9af3_zpsoo2lngqq.jpg9ab0c0b1-a3d5-4e4d-a80b-9f6004aed2a5_zpsprsjnuho.jpg

Replies

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Pics are the key to helping your brain see the changes you have made!
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you look great. keep up the nice work
  • Up2Me2017
    Up2Me2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! You look amazing!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    That's a heck of a difference lass! You are looking good :-)
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job.
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great photos! You make me have hope that I will actually lose that lower belly nonsense. I call it my backwards butt. Yours is completely gone!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS You look great!!!!!
    I have not lost enough to make a real big difference but I am able to wear some of my smaller clothes.
    My daughter is like you and has lost over 60 lbs and tells me she still has days when she doesn't see the new her in the mirror even though her new clothes are smaller sizes and I have inherited her big clothes.
  • scottwblack
    scottwblack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and healthy!
  • erryana
    erryana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazinggggg
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am not done. I still have work to do. I really, really want to wear a bikini on the beach this summer (in June). Last year, I wore this bathing suit/dress thing, and while I was happy to actually be out and about with my daughter and not embarrassed to have my picture taken, I want to be completely confident and comfortable. I don't want to be just okay. I'm already looking forward to the trip knowing that I'm going to have so much more energy and not be as sore!!! One of the best things about losing weight is how I feel. How I look is a bonus!

Thank you all! And just so you all know, I don't have a gym membership. I don't restrict my eating much at all. I fully believe in moderation and cheats. I do all my workouts at home. Well, except for the walks I take twice a week with a girlfriend. I also work full time, I'm a single mom, and I'm a full time college student. It has not been easy, but it has definitely been worth it!

I read an article today about a lady who lost a lot of weight. In it she said that we should change the way we look at losing weight. We shouldn't view it as another chore. We should look at it in a positive light. This is something we want to do. Sure, we may need to do it for aesthetic purposes or health reasons, but at the heart of it we want to do it. So, since it's something we want to do, ENJOY it!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your mind playing tricks on you. Deep down, I know I'm not fat. yet when I look in the mirror, I see fat. Your pictures prove that your mental message is wrong. WTG!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. U look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!