Reebok easytone trousers

Options
cerilee
cerilee Posts: 11 Member
Saw these yesterday: www.reebok.com/GB/product?modelId=ARWP1115&articleId=W05832

and they look good and supposedly make you tone up your muscles whilst you walk etc. Not sure if that is quite true but I will certainly be trying them come payday!

Replies

• parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    SO i can`t speak about these specifically, but i did try the reebok reetone shoes & feel silly, because i know that they are just a gimic & couldn`t possible work..... BUT sadly i bought them anyways..... After about a month of using them i was experiencing a good deal of pain. Walking was uncomfortable & i absolutely could not run at all!! it was horrible. I would be cautious about any of these products, they could cause you more grief than good...
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I see what they are trying to do - to make a resistance band action go on when you move. I am not sure how good that is though.. prefer the shoes. I do have their easytone shoe - and it seems to make me somewhat sore in my booty after wearing them. Since I wear a lot of flat shoes / pad free shoes they can hurt my feet if I wear them too long, so I rotate them out.
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have the Reebok Easy Tone walking shoes and running shoes, and I can definitely tell a BIG difference when I work out. As far as seeing results super fast, not so much...you still have to workout, but they cause your muscles to work harder. If you do have prior ankle/knee injuries, I would be careful. If I could afford the workout pants/shirts, I would definitely buy them. Great concept! Let us know how you like them=0)
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would agree with Parvati. According to my physical therapist if you don't wear (the shoes) often you are okay, but if you wear them all the time, it is not good for your posture, motion, foot flexing, etc. It basically makes your body move in a way it is not meant to on a continual basis....
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the trainers actually but they sound a bit painful- I work hard enough when I am in the gym without having added soreness!
  • SIMP666
    SIMP666 Posts: 8
    Options
    They seem a bit expensive at £50?
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I bought the easytone shoes about 8 months ago and I loved them Loved, I say, because they actually broke!!
    You know the little balls on the bottom, which is what makes it a little unstable (and therefore you are getting toned) - well one of those balls cracked (I've done looooooads of walking on them). I kept walking on them anyway, and everytime I stepped down, a puff or air came out of the broken "ball".

Have a massive backache now :angry: And I need money to buy a new pair of walking shoes. Won't be buying them again.

As for the trousers, come on, how could trousers help you tone, that just HAS to be nonsense.
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an article about the easy-tone/shape-up trend of shoes. Two chiropractors and a podiatrist were quoted saying things like, "Sure, keep selling them; they keep me in buisiness!" because so many people were throwing off thier natural stance or bound to throw out their bodies. Of course, I don't have a source for what I am saying--I didn't save the article, but just some food for thought :) And you won't have to walk around looking goofy! ...says the girl that wears 5 fingers (well, not anymore since my podiatrist looked at an x-ray and concluded the biomechanics of my feet are not ft for barefoot running. wahh!)

That all being sadi--everything in moderation has always been a good motto.
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I have the Reebok Easytone shoes. I only use them for walking my dog, like said before you shouldn't wear them all day. I also heard that if you wear them all the time your body gets used to the instability and they basically stop doing what they're supposed to. My legs definitely feel different than if I was just walking in regular sneakers.

Not sure about the pants though.
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    I just had to add: The clothes are supposed to fit "tighter" in some areas, thus causing your body to work harder to move. It's not that far fetched of an idea, when you really think about it. It's like if you wore a too tight pair of jeans....you have to work hard to squat down etc. I don't think they're a "quick fix", but if you want that extra resistance during your workouts, they offer that through the clothing. The clothes are not supposed to be a miracle of sorts to help you lose weight faster, just to help aide in your toning efforts...more so than if you were not wearing any extra toning aides.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an article about the easy-tone/shape-up trend of shoes. Two chiropractors and a podiatrist were quoted saying things like, "Sure, keep selling them; they keep me in buisiness!" because so many people were throwing off thier natural stance or bound to throw out their bodies.

To be honest I do believe that now. Even though I used to love them, I don't love the backache that I have at the moment very much :angry:
    I won't be buying them again, I got myself some old-fashioned adidas trainers yesterday.