Which is your favorite workout program DVD so far?

Options
minniemickey
minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,

I am looking to buy one of those DVDs 2 month, 3 month plans and I am confused.
Which one is your favorite like JM Body Revolution, Rushfit, any of the BeachBody programs like P90x, T25, PIYO etc? I am a beginner. I could do 30 day shred but looking for something that I can commit for 2-3 months. Also, let me know your results from the programs you followed.

Thanks!

Replies

• cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What is your primary goal? Fat loss?
  • ivanswift760
    ivanswift760 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really likes insanity. I started last year I was at 225 came down to 205. Unfortunately didn't stick to it after I was done. (Shot back up to 215). i was only committed to the 2-3 month weight lost. Was not thinking long term like I am this year. Change of lifestyle help me more than insanity from 215 to 192 so far...
  • minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, my goal is fat loss and building muscle along the way. I have 50lbs to lose.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I really like P90X3. Minimal equipment, a really good mix of cardio and strength-ish workouts, and the warmups and strength exercises specifically target the little muscles you need to build up to prevent injury.

Insanity workouts are pretty brutal cardio as far as calorie burning goes, but I find them to be very hard on my knees if I am not keeping up with e.g. the P90X3 warm-up exercises.

For me, weight loss is about diet, not exercise. I find those two programs to be very effective cross-training for running in terms of building strength and endurance => running speed.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I like fitnessblender on youtube. They are free and you can get an awesome work-out. Lots of variety so I do a different one every day and never get bored. I lost 35 pounds while using them (and eating at a deficit) last year, then got pregnant and had a baby and I've lost 18 pounds since starting back again with them.