feeling lost...

Options
Hi... last week I lost 9 lbs. This week. Nothing. Is anyone able to look at my diary?

Replies

• punkinsbabe
    punkinsbabe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No but can you increase your water a little. I always find that may help. I'm just getting started again. So just don't give up
  • lauradrach
    Options
    I'm new at this, though my suggestion would be to check where ur calories are coming from and the %of the calories that are from fat.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    9lb is a lot, and it was likely mostly fluid, as a result you were probably quite dehydrated. Your body is taking time to rehydrate perhaps.
  • cupcakekelly77
    cupcakekelly77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not going to give up but its disheartening when I'm trying so hard. I'm not using all my calories but that's usually because I'm full. Just wondering if I'm doing it right. I defo need to drink more water.
    Thanks
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Once you acccept that healthy weight loss is 1-2lb a week, then doing 9lbs is a very successful month for many people and you did it in a week. Ill look at your diary if you let me know what it is you want answered.

Please provide height and weight plus how long you have been dieting.
    Are you weighing and logging all your food?
    Are you doing any exercise?
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    Just if I'm eating the right foods... eating enough. Do I have to use all my cals to lose weight?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    If you can maintain that 9 lbs for a 2 or even a 3 week loss...that's a good loss!
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nine pounds in one week seems alot. I would not worry so much about not losing anything the following week. I have had plenty of weeks of 3 pound losses and I have had some 2-3 weeks of no losses before. Focus on your daily nutrition and exercise. The weight will come off.

As far as your diary goes, are you weighing everything and logging in everything? It seemed you had gaps.

Is there a reason you are not logging your exercise?
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have around 7 stone to lose so I know I have a long journey. Just wang it up be quicker lol. I'm an impatient one!
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    Nine pounds in one week seems alot. I would not worry so much about not losing anything the following week. I have had plenty of weeks of 3 pound losses and I have had some 2-3 weeks of no losses before. Focus on your daily nutrition and exercise. The weight will come off.

As far as your diary goes, are you weighing everything and logging in everything? It seemed you had gaps.

Is there a reason you are not logging your exercise?

Yep I log everything that passes my lips and it is all weighed. I'm on the point of annoying with the weighing. No exercise because I haven't done any. The most I can do at the moment is a walk round the block with my dog.... sore knee.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/

Expect 1 to 2 lbs per week ... on average. Meaning some weeks you may see no movement, or even a gain. And another week, you may get a bigger number.

Take photos. Take measurements. Pay attention to how your clothes fit. The scale is not always going to show you what you want to see, and it won't always reflect that you are making progress, even when you are.

And work on patience and realistic expectations. Because 95 lbs may take 1-2 years. Weight loss slows as you get smaller, so the first chunk will likely go faster than the last.

Find smaller goals and little milestones along the way, too. If you're going to work out, set little fitness goals that you can hit over time. Don't wait for the day you hit goal weight or for the scale to validate your efforts. In two weeks, you've started logging your food, and you've reduced your caloric intake, and you're down almost 10 lbs. How is that not awesome?
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    hi. you look like you're eating a pretty good diet, well balanced etc. I'm assuming weight loss is your only goal at this point?
    The only thing I can see is that you are eating under your recommendations. They do say that 1200 is the absolute minimum for woman (unless you are really short) so I would try and keep your intake at 1200 at the very minimum. In theory, the fewer calories you eat the faster you will loose BUT MFP gives you 1490 for a reason. That figure is the minimum that you need per day to function minus a 500 deficit (if you've set your loss to 1lb a week). If you eat 1490 you WILL looke approx 1lb on average. If you consistently eat lower amounts if will effect your ability to function to some degree. It will also make you feel deprived and more likely to stray.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    To lose 9 lbs. in a week you would need a daily caloric deficit of 4500 kcal per day. I'm going to venture a guess that you didn't get to that level of caloric burn. Unless you were exercising a LOT (think a half marathon a day), the majority go your loss was water. This would equate to about a gallon of water and has likely left you quite dehydrated. Drink more water and expect slow and steady results. With your goal you will be doing this for some time. Keep going...be patient.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Ok no worries what they said. Will have dinner instead. Someone else can check.
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    Thank you so much. I think I needed that talking to! I'm trying to be positive.... I haven't put on so that's a good thing lol. I will try and eat more. Just don't want to eat the wrong things. I've never been so determined so fingers crossed!! Thank you again Xx
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Please drink water. It is very important to stay hydrated.
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    jadams1650 wrote: »
    Please drink water. It is very important to stay hydrated.

I will... promise! Bought a water bottle today with a filter in it... will put it to good use!!
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    jadams1650 wrote: »
    To lose 9 lbs. in a week you would need a daily caloric deficit of 4500 kcal per day. I'm going to venture a guess that you didn't get to that level of caloric burn. Unless you were exercising a LOT (think a half marathon a day), the majority go your loss was water. This would equate to about a gallon of water and has likely left you quite dehydrated. Drink more water and expect slow and steady results. With your goal you will be doing this for some time. Keep going...be patient.

I ate A LOT of rubbish before I started. I think my body went into shock lol!
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Ok no worries what they said. Will have dinner instead. Someone else can check.

Enjoy your dinner :)
  • cupcakekelly77
    Options
    hi. you look like you're eating a pretty good diet, well balanced etc. I'm assuming weight loss is your only goal at this point?
    The only thing I can see is that you are eating under your recommendations. They do say that 1200 is the absolute minimum for woman (unless you are really short) so I would try and keep your intake at 1200 at the very minimum. In theory, the fewer calories you eat the faster you will loose BUT MFP gives you 1490 for a reason. That figure is the minimum that you need per day to function minus a 500 deficit (if you've set your loss to 1lb a week). If you eat 1490 you WILL looke approx 1lb on average. If you consistently eat lower amounts if will effect your ability to function to some degree. It will also make you feel deprived and more likely to stray.

This week my goal is to get nearer my calorie allowance. I don't want to fill up on rubbish foods so will plan better