low carb buddy

Options
I'm looking for someone to chat with to get thru things. I've Just completed week one and I'm down 6lbs. I've set a 45 lb weight loss goal.

Replies

• wetwookie1988
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome! You can do this! I'm 3 weeks in and I've lost almost 12 lbs! Just keep your goals in mind and you got this!
  • babylaur99
    babylaur99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm 2 1/2 months in and down 30 lbs. 20 more to go :\ but I'm thinking about trying the ketogenic diet. Anyone know anything about that?
  • solrac1245
    solrac1245 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto diet is great! That's what I'm on. You basically aim your macros to: 60% Fat, 35% Protein, and 5% carbs. If you also workout, then eat more fat on Lift days and less on Rest days.
  • missdj21
    missdj21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new on here. First day actually although been trying to do the LCHF diet for 6 weeks but only lost 2 lbs so really disappointed. THought I would log everything onto this myftnesspal.com but it all seems pretty ridiculous to me as it says everything opposite to what Ive been doing and tells me to eat loads more calories than I would ever eat. I have 7 stone to lose so really want to move things along a bit. Any dieas?? Ive only eaten 700 cals today and 49 carbs. x
  • wetwookie1988
    Options
    missdj, what do your exercise habits look like? Have you tried to eat more lean proteins instead of worrying so much about calories? Calories are important to healthy weight loss, but it's when they are in excess that causes problems! Also, carbs are important for rigorous cardio workouts, not too many though! Like I said though, try to focus on eating lean proteins like chicken, turkey and tuna. You got this!