Hey I'm new!

Options
Hey all,

I'm new here so still getting the hang of the site. Love having it on my Android too!
So I am getting married in 5 months and need to lose at least 8kgs. The eating better I am finding easy its just the exercise that I'm finding hard! Mainly finding the courage/motivation to get out there. When it comes to exercise I have no confidence. Anyone have any useful hints? :)
Will be really good to have like minded people to talk to aswell. I have tried talking to my fiancee but as much as he tries to say the right thing it doesn't work! Lol.

So anyway, HI! Would love to chat! :)

Replies

• Zolita
    Zolita Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My best tip if you're excercising is music and headphones. Drown out the world and forget about how you look or who's looking. I've alot more to lose than you but after my first 11lbs off I don't actually mind the gym anymore :)

I hope you achieve your goal and all the best for getting married :)
  • charlieb8472
    Options
    Hi Lorna,

I have been trying to lose weight for a while now, but just havent had the will power to do so, do it for a week then the weekend comes and it all goes down hill, (I blame my friends!)

Congratulations on getting married soon, I too could use some like minded people to help me lose the weight!

Just joined a new gym and have lost 1lbs in 4 days already so it is looking good so far just need to keep it up!
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP and good luck :) I'm doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels - it's only 20 mins a day, in your own house and a fantastic workout. I think it's good for starters. Add me as your friend if you like :)
  • Lornawilson85
    Options
    Hey thanks guys!
    I think I use my work as an excuse to not exercise when I get home, I'm a painter and decorator so it's quite physical everyday. Lost of walking and lifting stuff but I am telling myself it is not an excuse to sit on the couch after work haha.
    Everyone on here seems so nice and its awesome we are all working towards the same goal!
    I just finished reading Fries With That by Carolyn Gibson. I highly recommend it! Gives a frightening insight to the additives they put in out food that could be contributing to weight gain, and she puts in heaps of easy, healthy recipes!
  • charlieb8472
    Options
    Haha well I won't be able to avoid the gym once i get my new job as i have no choice but to pass it after work in order to get the bus home, so it would make me feel guilty to just walk past it, besides the steam room and jacuzzi is a great treat after the work out.

I always used the excuse "sod it I will treat myself and work it off tomorrow or next week" although that time never came and the excuses came more and more, hated my gf seeing my body which was a bit of a wakeup call, as she is a bit of a fitness fanatic!

Think one of the things that has been missing is having friends on here that I can link up with to help me on the path to weight loss, I have been using this site on and off since april last year, but now i am gonna be on here every day and it helps having an app on my phone too, so there is no escape!!!!
  • Lornawilson85
    Options
    Oh I totally know what you mean! I hate my fiancee seeing my body cos I keep worrying he thinks im chubby! I tried the gym thing last year but hardly ever went so that was a waste of money. Did get myself a swiss ball yesterday though, just need to find a pump that will fit it! It eludes me as to why they don't put one in with it...
    I have stopped drinking energy drinks which has helped alot. Quite proud of that cos I used to be on one a day lol. Might have lost a couple pounds from that but don't have scales yet...