best protein to bulk

Options
Hey guys looking to gain about 10 pounds and wanted to know the best protein or supplements in general to buy?

Replies

• XC_Guitar17
    Options
    I like nuts, nut butters, seeds, eggs, Greek yogurt, lentils/beans, and lean meat like chicken, turkey, and fish. And red meat on occasion, about 2-3 times a week. But I'm also new to strength training and considering vegetarianism, so I would wait on other responses, too, if I were you.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No particular brand of protein will be better for bulking than another. Eat over your TDEE and include plenty of carbs while lifting heavy. Well it's working for me so far anyway :)
  • ijrosa25
    ijrosa25 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys!!
  • 30mphmike
    30mphmike Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ya like most have said if you really want to bulk train heavy, very heavy, get lots of sleep, take in 30-40 grams of protein every three hours and do 50 grams of casein protein before you go to bed its slower digesting. Drink a gallon of water a day at least!!! For your good fats nuts, nut butters nut based milk and yogurt.. Good Carbs veggies and a fruit the rest you willl get via the other foods mentioned above. If you really want to add weight not all muscle peanut butter sandwiches that are 2" thick always worked for me..lol
  • 30mphmike
    30mphmike Posts: 28
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    30mphmike wrote: »
    Ya like most have said if you really want to bulk train heavy, very heavy, get lots of sleep, take in 30-40 grams of protein every three hours and do 50 grams of casein protein before you go to bed its slower digesting. Drink a gallon of water a day at least!!! For your good fats nuts, nut butters nut based milk and yogurt.. Good Carbs veggies and a fruit the rest you willl get via the other foods mentioned above. If you really want to add weight not all muscle peanut butter sandwiches that are 2" thick always worked for me..lol

No, that whole protein recommendation, casien and good carb bad carb stuff is false and unnecessary.

Your comment is just that a comment!! please offer more or its just nothing.. I'm 46 and live at 200lbs 6'1" 9% body fat and people ask me everyday how to diet everywhere I go ask how I do it?? My number one answer is give up alcohol raise protein get into a calorie % diet-Its just math not myth!!!

• caldrama
    caldrama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What are best vegetarian foods? Don't like yogurt or tofu, but trying to get more protein in my diet.
  • murk01
    murk01 Posts: 4
    Options
    I checked out a few different gainers and protein powders. they all suck, so I looked into making my own weight gainer and after a bit of research the only way to get a really good source of carbs and protein with very little fat is by using iso pure or any other no carb protein and 2-3 bananas

At least that’s at my macros.

its the only almost zero fat way to gain weight.

BUt, if you don’t mind increasing that waist line, or adding a few inches of chub, go with RealGains.
  • ellisdwayne
    ellisdwayne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ijrosa25 wrote: »
    Hey guys looking to gain about 10 pounds and wanted to know the best protein or supplements in general to buy?

I have the same goal. Dymatize Super Mass Gainer along with P90X are helping me in accomplishing that goal. The Dymatize super mass gainer has 1900 calories, 83 grams of proteins, 17 grams of BCAAs, and 22 vitamins and minerals. I strongly recommend it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    caldrama wrote: »
    What are best vegetarian foods? Don't like yogurt or tofu, but trying to get more protein in my diet.

The ones that allow you to hit your protein goal. Try milk, eggs, cheese, beans, fish (although I guess it depends on the type of vegetarian you are).
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

No, that whole protein recommendation, casien and good carb bad carb stuff is false and unnecessary.

Your comment is just that a comment!! please offer more or its just nothing.. I'm 46 and live at 200lbs 6'1" 9% body fat and people ask me everyday how to diet everywhere I go ask how I do it?? My number one answer is give up alcohol raise protein get into a calorie % diet-Its just math not myth!!!

Irony in first sentence. Lol at second and third sentence.