40lbs to lose

Options
enrika92
enrika92 Posts: 4 Member
trying to lose by May? Any suggestions? Is that too much too fast?

Replies

• Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    40lbs in less than six weeks? Yep, way too fast, unless I misunderstood your question.
  • enrika92
    Options
    Lol. U understood it perfectly. I'm not sure what's a safe weight loss range. I just don't want to gain double the weight once I lose.
  • ablassage
    ablassage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 lbs in 3 months. I cut out all white carbs and sugars and am eating more protein.
  • 40 lbs in less than 6 weeks is a really unhealthy and unrealistic goal. Why the urgency? Do it safely and healthy - you have a much better shot at keeping it off if you don't crash diet.
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 and a half months to lose 40 pounds and that's at a 2 pound loss per week avg.
  • enrika92
    Options
    I am sure that is the healthiest way. I can be inpatient at times and want the weight to come off quickly. How did you go about being successful with your weight loss? Did you just track everything u ate?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It took longer than a few months to put the weight on, it will take longer than a few months to take it off. You will need to have patience, the process is not always immediately gratifying. It took me a year to lose 40 pounds and some weeks I struggled but the important part is I lost it.

I track everything I eat. To lose the weight I ate an average of ~1350 a day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain it that quickly, don't expect it to come off that quick. Why not learn a lifestyle change and learn moderation and sustainability? IMO, putting a time frame on it, is setting yourself up for failure.
  • enrika92
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A healthy rate of fat loss is around 1lb per week, and that's at a decicit of -500 calories per day. So calculate your TDEE and subtract 500 calories from that number. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do you have 40lbs to lose only - then around 1lb a week
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi :) good luck just keep at it and you will be shocked now fast it does come off, I got 60lbs to lose and I'm hoping to be close by oct for my wedding :)
  • pamelatorbett
    Options
    Hi, using the tracker on here, you can set your goals up yourself, not the software recommended choice, and there is an option for 0.5 pounds a week or 1 pound a week, that way it will adjust your calories and so forth for you to keep track. Also any time you exercise add that into the exercise section and it will tell you how much you burned off. I love it ,it's all figured out for you to make it less frustrating.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Take your time. When you try those fad diets the weight my come off fast but it comes right back just as fast. I have 30 to lose and I would love to lose 7 pounds a month. I weigh my food and exercise at least 1 hour 6 days a week with some weight machines three days a week. I cut out white sugar and white carbs, but replaced it with whole wheat and grains. Good luck and remember slow and steady wins the race, you have a better chance of keeping it off if you take your time.
  • lean269
    lean269 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've just started today! I need to lose 48 pounds by October or as near to it as I can! What foods are you eating? I've decided to cut out chocolate and sweets I have a really bad binging problem on sugar! Until I can at least get over that il replace it with a cereal bars and fruit. Can you eat anything aslong as its in your calorie allowance?