Knee help

Options
Any recommendations for a hurt knee? I used my mom's elliptical and it's very different from the ones I use at the gym and I kept hitting my damn knee on the front plastic part of it and I was also running way too hard with one of my dogs the other day and can now barely walk on it. I've tried Advil & Ice but that doesn't seem to be helping. Hoping someone here had some ideas! I. Feel. Old.

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Lol just rest. It should be better in a few days. And make sure not to keep banging your knee into the elliptical again next time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    rest, ice and ibuprofen
  • gypsydogmama
    gypsydogmama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    walterc7 wrote: »
    Lol just rest. It should be better in a few days. And make sure not to keep banging your knee into the elliptical again next time.

I can't help it! My mom hits her knees all the time on that thing. And her neighbor who uses it does too! It's a death trap I tell you. ;)
  • gypsydogmama
    Options
    rest, ice and ibuprofen
    Thank you. I'll keep trying that and go to the stupid doctor if it doesn't get better!
  • Joel33mfp
    Joel33mfp Posts: 23
    Options
    Rest is key... Take ibuprofen for the swelling, ice is good, but after the swelling is gone ice won't help. A knee wrap/support is good.
  • gypsydogmama
    Options
    Joel33mfp wrote: »
    Rest is key... Take ibuprofen for the swelling, ice is good, but after the swelling is gone ice won't help. A knee wrap/support is good.

Thank you, Joel! I will get a knee wrap asap. I think that will help a lot. :)