I feel guilty

Options
I skipped Lunch just so I could eat like a pig during dinner, I overt ate. Now I have a stomach ache and I feel guilty. Ive been doing so good until now; (

Replies

• JordanRay21
    JordanRay21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's okay we all cave in every now and then. It's a process. Don't let one ""mistake"" ruin your day. The stomach ache is never fun but don't let your spirits go down! We all (including myself) have done that plenty of times. Tomorrow is a new day just remember that =)
  • elias1609
    elias1609 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I made chicken and cabbage. I didn't season the chicken that much because I was trying to do the right thing and not over season it. So it was blande and gross! The cabbage was great, i put butter and seasoned it really well, I ate two big bowls of cabbage! Now I have a tummy ache and I feel guilty. I feel like the couple of pounds I lost, I've gained back that quickly. Not to mention I've been doing so well.
  • nrogersfitandfab
    nrogersfitandfab Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Don't stress over it! We all over eat at one time or another but the difference is that you don't make a habit of it and stay consistent after this. Now try to do some lite stretches or get outside and walk it off it will help your immediate symptoms. You were doing good before this and so it wont be problem to get back on track! Tomorrow is a new day!!
  • taylorizal
    taylorizal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is so common, especially when people are first starting out. I used to do it a lot until I got the hang of portions. Just remember to log it in MFP. It doesn't matter if you went 500 calories over your daily goal. You have to own up to your mistakes in your food log. If you don't, you will become more prone to doing this on a regular basis.

Try not to skip meals. Eat a lot of meals a day, just not many calories at a time. It will reduce the tendency to overeat at other meals.

It's such a good step owning up to overeating on here.

Feel free to add me on here!
  • runaroundrach
    runaroundrach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello elias1609,
    I've been there. I struggle with overeating. I just want to say hang in there. This is what I try to tell myself when I indulge a bit too much. Hope it helps: "You aren't alone. This is a journey not a sprint. One meal won't make or break you. I think the key is to shake it off and face the new day fresh and ready to do your best." Then I drink lots of water and try to get moving even if it's just out for a walk around the block. You've got this. You're taking the steps to change and you are not alone on this path.

Here's to change
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I did exactly that at lunch today. Not super worried about it cause it wasn't the first time, definitely won't be the last. Hard to turn down my moms home cooked Sunday meals. The wine was flowing and the home-made pasta and Easter bread did me in.

Those of us that have been successful are not perfect, but we do not get overly depressed because that is when one day leads to two...and on and on. Know you made a mistake, and learn from it.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I am going to go for a walk when the wine wears off (no way I can run with my gut feeling like it is going to explode) and have some nice hot tea this evening. If i eat anything it will be super light and I will have minimized the damage.

I will wake up tomorrow eager to go for a run, and plan my meals for the week knowing that today is just a minor blip in the big picture.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Guilt is a great motivator so listen to it. You're on a good road, however, because you recognize that you made a poor eating choice. Sometimes I like to hoard my calories and have a bigger dinner (but stay within my calories), but I make sure I'm not going through the day really hungry, because that's not a smart eating choice either.

So take a Tums and learn from what you did today. If there is a next time, take half on your plate, eat it, and then if you want more go back for seconds.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    elias1609 wrote: »
    I skipped Lunch just so I could eat like a pig during dinner, I overt ate. Now I have a stomach ache and I feel guilty. Ive been doing so good until now; (

if you had a small lunch, you probably would've done better at dinner, and maybe only have overate a little bit. live and learn.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Skipping meals has never worked for me. I always end up binging after.

Don't beat yourself up. One day is not going to make you fat nor is it going to give you a smoking hot body. We make mistakes and we learn from them. That's life. Good luck :)
  • Mzmelbs
    Mzmelbs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cabbage isn't bad at all calories wise. You just have to be careful what you put in it. Things like bacon and butter aren't a good look. Cabbage does have a tendency to give ppl gas which may be the source of your stomach ache.