Gained 50lbs in 8 months. I need a serious change.

Options
It's been a very rough year and the pounds just kept packing on. I feel like I've lost all control and don't know where to start. Me gaining this much weight caused me to just stay home for months cuz I was to ashamed to go out and possibly run into people I know looking like this. I'm ready to shed this weight and getting back to my old self. I just need to not give up on myself. I'm hoping this app and support group on here will be beneficial.

Replies

• beautyandbraaains
    beautyandbraaains Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    start small. don't overwhelm yourself. I'm not sure what your eating habits are like but i tried to pick one meal a day to eat healthy. Also, I go to Subway a lot and get one of their healthiest sandwiches that i actually like a lot (wheat bread, turkey, light mayo and cheese). Also, if you don't like salads, DON'T EAT THEM! :) You can find plenty of other healthier options (grilled chicken, green beans, etc.) Limiting yourself to salads (especially if you don't like them) will only set you up for failure. Feel free to add me. Currently I'm down 25 lbs but I am always looking for support and motivation. Hang in there!
  • valerieransford23
    valerieransford23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much and congrats on your 25lbs lost!! Just added you :)
  • esantia23
    esantia23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing that will help in your journey is to keep reminding yourself that no matter what that scale says, your are still an amazing and beautiful person. It took me a long time to realize that the shame I felt about my appearance was a huge factor to what was keeping me back.
    Good luck on your goal! Be safe, be happy, be healthy, and you'll see how much far a good attitude can take you!
  • valerieransford23
    valerieransford23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you esantia23!!! For sure I gotta change my attitude and be more positive. Thank you for the advice :)