Looking for healthy low cal Crock pot recipes?

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
I have a few but hubby and my 5 year old will not eat them :(

Replies

• jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
  • dkswaffo
    dkswaffo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Those look delicious. I'm gonna try some
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We are makinf ham and beans in the crock pot which is about 343 calories a serving. We also make some crockpot porkchops which are very low cal but high in sodium because it involves brown gravy mix and ranch dressing mix. It taste Fantastic though.
  • lairdmk
    lairdmk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I put a pork tenderloin (3-4lbs) or chicken breasts in the crock pot with about half water/half low-sodium chicken broth (probably about 2-3 cups total). Usually I do this before bed and let it cook all night (or about 8-10hrs) on low. Then you just spoon it out and shred. The meat will fall apart and be very moist. Then you can use it in tacos or you can use some BBQ sauce. I use Sweet Baby Ray's original. My 3 year old eats it up.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Thank you all !
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Gina has a bunch but the carne guisada and the taco soup are the BEST!

Betty Crocker has a great Thai soup, and the kitchen has a really good tikka masala, but Slender Kitchen does a "slow cooker Sunday" series and they're usually pretty good.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i really like putting short ribs in the crock pot and they are a pretty cheat "cut" of meat and they get so tender. I will sometimes blend soy sauce, pear, onion, garlic, and cook that then top over rice with cilantro but usually its just browned short ribs stock onion carrot garlic cooked all day then i serve it with roasted brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes. calorie content will depend on serving size.

• heatherc369
    Options
    Gina has a bunch but the carne guisada and the taco soup are the BEST!

Betty Crocker has a great Thai soup, and the kitchen has a really good tikka masala, but Slender Kitchen does a "slow cooker Sunday" series and they're usually pretty good.

Taco soup? Wow that is right up my alley !
  • heatherc369
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i really like putting short ribs in the crock pot and they are a pretty cheat "cut" of meat and they get so tender. I will sometimes blend soy sauce, pear, onion, garlic, and cook that then top over rice with cilantro but usually its just browned short ribs stock onion carrot garlic cooked all day then i serve it with roasted brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes. calorie content will depend on serving size.

Sounds amazing!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Oops, it's Crockpot Chicken Enchilada soup! My best friend and I have made it alternatively and shared with each other for probably 3 years now. So good.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »
    We are makinf ham and beans in the crock pot which is about 343 calories a serving. We also make some crockpot porkchops which are very low cal but high in sodium because it involves brown gravy mix and ranch dressing mix. It taste Fantastic though.

I make that too! It is to die for! The meat just falls apart

• elet27
    elet27 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello, you might want to try these recipes which you can prepare for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack time http://www.nourishweightlossandwellness.com/recipes/ :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Google / Pinterest

Tons of ideas.
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use my crockpot like 4x a week-this is favorite because you can use meat for anything

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/crock-pot-picadillo.html
    I had it in zucchini boats recently, over rice, with plaintains or by itself
    this website has some really great ones
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put 2 frozen chicken breasts and 2 frozen chicken thighs into the crockpot with 1/2 can of fire roasted tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin. Cooked on low all day and as someone said above it just falls apart. I put it on a tortilla with sauteed peppers and onions, and today brought leftovers on top of salad greens for lunch. I fed three adults and two teenagers (including a teenage boy!) for dinner last night with a ton left over.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    kayna1225 wrote: »
    I use my crockpot like 4x a week-this is favorite because you can use meat for anything

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/crock-pot-picadillo.html
    I had it in zucchini boats recently, over rice, with plaintains or by itself
    this website has some really great ones

Skinnytaste is always my go-to, but I actually like the Slender kitchen picadillo a little bit better because of that spice from the chipotle and jalapeno. I always freeze it in portions and sometimes I eat it with sauteed slaw and make a picadillo style "crack slaw."
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have tons of these. I use the crockpot 1 time a week or I make casseroles. It is cheaper and better to cook in bulk I think.

I have Chili Mac, Three Bean Chili, Pork Tenderloin, Chicken & Brocolli, and sooooo many more. I can email them to any one that wants them. I have emailed them to several members already. If you can open them in word they are yours..

Just send me a message with an email and I will shoot them out..
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/133478497537901

I put the sauce items in first, place down the peppers/onion in strips, then meat into strips. Cook high 3-4 hours low 6-8.
  • Queenmunchy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My fiance made this crazy concoction in the crockpot last night with a lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs, a lb of green beans, a half bunch of celery, mini hot peppers, bell pepper, beer, and jerk bbq sauce. I eyed him as he made it, but that food came out seriously amazing. So surprisingly good.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    My fiance made this crazy concoction in the crockpot last night with a lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs, a lb of green beans, a half bunch of celery, mini hot peppers, bell pepper, beer, and jerk bbq sauce. I eyed him as he made it, but that food came out seriously amazing. So surprisingly good.

Wow, sound super easy and yummy!