I fell off the track this weekend!

Options
amynb524
amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
I started my weight loss/healthy living journey on Jan. 1st. As of March 19th, I lost 34lbs. I felt fantastic!

My mom came in town and I have totally fallen off my track. The last 4 days have been horrible eating, no exercise.

I feel like crap - bloated, heavy, tired.

I'm amazing how much worse I feel! My body is craving exercise and better eating like I had grown accustomed to for a couple of months.

I'm disappointed and I hope that I can get back on track! I'm scared to death I'm going to wake up and have gained all my 34lbs back tomorrow ;)

Someone give me some of your experiences with splurge days (or weekends like i've done!)

Replies

• joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I Started in January and recently did 40 hours of overtime (in addition to my usual 35 hours), that seemed to have messed up my diet, I lost 12lb, but put 8lb back on since the overtime as I fell off track. I've now picked myself back up, got some healthy foods for breakfasts and lunches, going to restart my walks. I also joined the Drop 20 by July 4th group to give me a hand and other user support. Whilst it sucks falling off, just think, you're in a better position than you was back in Jan! That's what i'm trying to tell myself haha
  • bethnice1
    bethnice1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think the 1st thing is not letting it get to you! So you've had little detour but now you've realised you can get back on the right path, and if it's just the weekend any weight gain (if any!) can be rectified within the week if you get straight back into your strict routine! Just don't let the weekend splurge become a week ;) keep going you can do it!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    34lbs in that amount of time is amazing.

Just chill out and stop stressing yourself its counterproductive. theres a rule that you never beat up on yourself, The foods eaten now, hope you enjoyed it. Get some perspective, log it and move on.

Well you would put the 34lbs back on maybe if youd eaten an extra 120,000 calories in thise 4 days. That would be over 240 Big Macs. Did you eat that much? Your being rather dramatic about it.
  • oregano13
    Options
    the track is still right here. it hasn't gone anywhere :)
    just put the fork down and do what you know you like to do, that you know you want to do. think how great, healthy, energetic you are gonna feel after just ONE day of eating well and that run/yoga/ whatever you do. close your eyes, imagine yourself in that moment. it's there. 4 days is nothing! sometimes you just go with a flow, mom in town, you got sick, whatevs.
    Just don't overthink it. put the fork down. get in your workout clothes. throw away any food leftovers that you know you shouldn't have in your fridge. do healthy grocery shopping, go to the gym.
    you can do it and good luck :)
  • amynb524
    edited March 2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

Just chill out and stop stressing yourself its counterproductive. theres a rule that you never beat up on yourself, The foods eaten now, hope you enjoyed it. Get some perspective, log it and move on.

Well you would put the 34lbs back on maybe if youd eaten an extra 120,000 calories in thise 4 days. That would be over 240 Big Macs. Did you eat that much? Your being rather dramatic about it.

Ha! Thanks for letting me know I'm being "rather dramatic" . Way to be supportive!
    I obviously know I'm not literally going to gain all my weight back after a few days (hence the ;) )

I just posted to get a little encouragement after I've been busting my *kitten* to lose the weight I have and have been feeling a little down about failing these past few days.

But thanks for your two cents, chief
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You havent failed. Im trying to get you to see things in perspective which will maximise your chances of getting through to the end. Youve lost 34lbs in less than three months yet you arent happy with it or 31lbs which is in excess of the top level of weight loss of 2lb a week. Why not see things in perspective and congratulate yourself instead of feeling down. Whats happened is you had some food, its life, its eaten now, so just notch it down to experience. You should be celebrating not beating yourself up, but see it how you want. Ive told you how I think you ought to handle it and funnily enough youd learn and avoid any stress or feeling down.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow get back to logging. It's pretty simple really. I've really slacked this weekend, and I'm likely about to go hit up the bag of chocolate covered pretzel thins again in a few minutes. I know it's not the end of the world, and that so long as I don't let my slacking this weekend roll on into next week I'll be fine. If I did, I'd slowly undo all my work over the last 6 months, and I don't want to do that. Tonight I'll prep for tomorrow and pre-log my food I'll have while at work.
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oregano - you are so right! PrizePopple - my daily slacking did turn in to weeks and months and now I've gained back everything I lost last summer...I really need a challenge group with daily check in for meal and exercise accountability - but no weigh-in - I can't bear to step on a scale right now!...would you two be interested? Amy? Others??
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Is your Mom gone back to wherever she came from? Its like you were on a vacation...lots of people put on a few pounds during vacation days. Its always good to enjoy yourself while you have company, but now its reality check. Time to get back with it. And ya, you've done really great in your weight loss so far! So take those vacation pounds, and turn them around into a permanent GONE fixture! Be diligent in logging, watch your sodium, and get back to your activity. This past few days will be behind you in no time. :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I've already got a group I barely participate in. I'm doing good right now to keep caught up on laundry. :laugh:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    amynb524 wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »

Ha! Thanks for letting me know I'm being "rather dramatic" . Way to be supportive!
    I obviously know I'm not literally going to gain all my weight back after a few days (hence the ;) )

I just posted to get a little encouragement after I've been busting my *kitten* to lose the weight I have and have been feeling a little down about failing these past few days.

But thanks for your two cents, chief

hes right. no need to beat yourself up over ONE weekend..... it happened. tomorrow is a new day. keep moving forward.
  • BeckyGor05
    BeckyGor05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me this weekend. I ate food I shouldn't have (and lots of it!) and didn't go out running like I normally would. But tomorrow is a new day to get back on track!:) weigh in day is 3 days away that's plenty of time to recover from the weekend! The main thing is to not think 'oh what the heck I've blown it now let's keep on munching crappy foods' it's to say 'I've eaten it and enjoyed it, now let's get back to healthy! :)
  • oregano13
    Options
    runner115 wrote: »
    Oregano - you are so right! PrizePopple - my daily slacking did turn in to weeks and months and now I've gained back everything I lost last summer...I really need a challenge group with daily check in for meal and exercise accountability - but no weigh-in - I can't bear to step on a scale right now!...would you two be interested? Amy? Others??

hey! I am starting a new 30 days abs/squats/push-ups in 2 days. I am looking for someone to check in with, too :)
    if you want we can be mfp friends. my real life buddies dropped out from our no guilt exercise group text

• leeanneduffy41
    leeanneduffy41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track to. I had lost 13 lbs but got frustrated when I couldn't get any lower and the scale wouldn't move. I've put 6 or 7 back on. I'm in the 170's and every time I get close to 160's the stupid scale won't budge. Grrr!
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have bad days when I am out with friends or family who aren't as concerned about the food as I am trying to be. I try not to beat myself up though. Try to get my exercise in and make the best food choices for the scenario. Like a family bbq a while back I could have had three helpings of everything lol but had a small plate and felt pretty proud. Find good support for yourself because that helps as well.
  • amynb524
    Options

I'm ju
    runner115 wrote: »

Yes! I'd definitely be interested!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Amy - how did you do today? Better than over the weekend?
    Oregano - 'real life buddies' - love it!
    So should we do daily check-ins here? Start a challenge group or a spreadsheet or something?

I had a great food day and got in my exercise today too...so I'm 1 for 1 :D
  • amynb524
    Options
    I've done great! I'm back on track and feeling awesome again ;)

I totally wanna start checking in with yall/starting a group