What to eat at the end of the day

Options
Anyone else get to dinner, look at their remaining calories allotment and wonder what the heck to eat? I'd love an app that suggests healthy food based on remaining calories.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If I'm running low on calories I do salads. Greens and cucumbers and other things are really low in calories. I try to leave a decent amount of cals for dinner, tho , as I am an evening eater.
  • jrod332
    jrod332 Posts: 2
    Options
    If your running low on calories fruits and vegetables are always the best bet. Most are low and calories and high in fiber. Also try some almond milk with frozen berries in a blender. Liquid can be filling and low in calories as long as it's not high sugar juice. As for me I'm usually trying to find a way to get more calories but want to eat much at night.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OH, I thought you meant you had plenty leftover. If I'm low of calories at dinner, lean protein and veg is my go-to. Baked seasoned chicken breast, turkey breast, white fish etc if filling for few cals.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I pre-log, so I don't have this problem.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I pre-log, so I don't have this problem.

Ditto
  • amandaksbrewer
    amandaksbrewer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had 350 left for today. Cut up a whole head of romaine, added a can of tuna, some diluted mustard and some relish. It's working for me so far.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    In my case, I know I always craved 1 or 2 snacks at night while watching TV. Therefore, I “mentally” subtracted those calories before planning my main meals and usually kept calories lowest for breakfast. I’m a morning exerciser so the goal was to start lunch with negative net calories. This allowed me to play with my food intake just enough. Good luck to you.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Many soups are very satisfying and under 200 calories. Add some vegetables and salad. In the summer we like a shrimp cocktail and a sliced melon or pineapple.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a low calorie dinner, you can check my diary and see what I made tonight. It was 425 tonight but if you subtract an ounce or two of meat and the cheese you can make it below 400.
  • ckwebgrrl
    ckwebgrrl Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks to all! Reading through your replies made me realize my problem is that I'm not familiar enough yet with what IS 200, 300, 400 calories. The earlier meals are easier bc I just log what I eat but at the end of the day, I'm working with a fixed number.

It also sounds like some planning will do me good. I like the idea of pre-logging too!