Hello everyone!

Options
Hey everyone my name is Fernie. I live in Chicago, IL. I have been using my fitness pal since October now. My goal is to lose over 100 lbs but for now I think I'll stick with 50 lbs by the end of the year. I have been going to the dietitian and she has helped me a lot, I was thinking of doing surgery but it seems too risky and would like to see if I lose weight normally. I say its risky because I was born with a disability and don't want anything to go wrong. I've been overweight all my life and it just seems hard to lose weight but I know it takes time. Back in 2007 I fractured my knee so that kind of limited my movement; I'm in a wheelchair. I use crutches to walk around but my knee gets swollen very fast. When I do exercise I mix them up, cardio and strength. I've lost 7 lbs so far since November. Sometimes its hard to eat less of my calories bank because I usually go out twice a week to malls or sometimes have parties to attend. I always try to get the things that are in lowest calories. So yeah there you have my journey so far. I'm still trying my best to workout and eat healthy but I know it takes time. Feel free to post your tips or your motivations. :) (*)

Replies

• keyshas84
    keyshas84 Posts: 113
    Options
    Hey there add me!!! Were here to help each other, were stronger together!!
  • kattys551
    kattys551 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Fernie I'm Katie you can count on me to talk I'm new to this. I am using some help from medicine. But following the calories or atleast as much as I can maybe cut a bit more. It's hard but what made me stop was wanting to be healthy not diabetic and with back problems at 26. I am happy for your7lb lost. It's a start that should fuel you. Wish you the best. I still don't know how this app works
  • philipmarcuscunningham
    Options
    Hi Fernie. Philip here. I live on the other side of the world but would love to follow your journey and the progress you make. Losing weight is a real challenge, I know. Best of luck.