75 pounds down & feeling amazing!

Options
Smoofalz
Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
371uj1om2kax.jpg

Start, 20 pounds down, 50 pounds down, 75 pounds down

ybg0wkcdply6.jpg

Start, 75 pounds down

So back in June I joined myfitness pal, and its been amazing. Not only for the calorie counting, but the inspirational stories and pictures from other members, and all the great advice from people going for the same goals. I honestly never thought I would get to this huge loss of 75 pounds, and be able to fit in clothes stored away from high school. But I did keep a positive attitude the whole time that I would lose something, and it has helped so much. For those wondering what I do, I stick to the calories Myfitness pal suggests (I fit in things I love once in a while..such as chinese food, pizza, ice cream lol). I do cardio a couple of times a week. For me that is Dance Dance Revolution which I am addicted to lol. And I go to Karate classes on the weekends. I still have a little bit more to go to be at where my height says I should be, and then I plan to stick to this to keep track of my maintenance, so I don't end up back where I started ever again lol. Thanks for everyone's support. And if I can do this, so can anyone, don't give up no matter how hard it seems!

Replies

• AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You've always been pretty obviously but you look so great with the weight off! Way to go,75 pounds is such a huge accomplishment. I also love Dance Dance Revolution. :) I hope I can be as successful as you one day!
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! What an awesome job!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Beautiful before and after. Congratulations on your success! Do you mind if i ask you what your height and starting weight were? If so, no worries. Its just we have a similar body type.

Be sooo proud of yourself! If we can do this, (and you did!), we can do anything! Great job!!!
  • Smoofalz
    Options
    You look fantastic! Beautiful before and after. Congratulations on your success! Do you mind if i ask you what your height and starting weight were? If so, no worries. Its just we have a similar body type.

Be sooo proud of yourself! If we can do this, (and you did!), we can do anything! Great job!!!

I'm 5'5.. started at my heaviest at 240, last June. Years of unhealthy choices, plus having a baby, caught up to me.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good lass :-)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks such for posting. 75 pounds is my ultimate goal and you have shown me that it is possible.
  • lauradrach
    Options
    :D Way to go!!!!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look great.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You look great! Love that dress!
  • bobbienjerome
    bobbienjerome Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Way to get it!
  • valerieransford23
    valerieransford23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! I'm beginning my journey. I'm 5'4 and 220. How did you stick with this to lose the 75 lbs? Any advice?
  • NicoleMKlein
    NicoleMKlein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing! !
  • Smoofalz
    Options
    This is awesome!! I'm beginning my journey. I'm 5'4 and 220. How did you stick with this to lose the 75 lbs? Any advice?

Stick to something you know you can keep up with. Don't cut anything out completely, have a cheat day once in a while (but still log it). Find an exercise you enjoy so you are more motivated to do it on a regular basis. But most importantly you need to have the attitude that you will be able to do it. Another thing that seems to help is I broke mine up into small goals, that way you have that feeling of victory a little bit sooner and are motivated to go for the next one. Like start with 20 pounds. Those are the things I can think of that helped make a difference in success versus the last few times I tried to lose weight...and failed.

• _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing!!! I lost 45 pounds 4 years ago and I'm back again with 25 more pounds to go, and reading your story made me more motivated. You're gorgeous always were and now u look fab! Congrats lady
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done! Be extremely proud of yourself - that takes commitment! Very inspiring - I, too, have a small goal system. It is just the ~best~ feeling meeting one.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Smoofalz wrote: »

I'm 5'5.. started at my heaviest at 240, last June. Years of unhealthy choices, plus having a baby, caught up to me.
    Wow now im really glad i asked. Im 5'5" and sw was 242. Down to 215 so far. Thanks for the motivation! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!