Hello to Everyone

Options
After joining less than a month ago, I've recorded my daily food intake and exercise data. I'm a little disappointed that I've lost only 1 pound, but I do feel a little slimmer around the tummy. Finding that it's more difficult to lose weight as I enter menopause. If there are any women out there going through the same thing, I would like to hear your suggestions!

Replies

• ggabald
    Options
    After joining less than a month ago, I've recorded my daily food intake and exercise data. I'm a little disappointed that I've lost only 1 pound, but I do feel a little slimmer around the tummy. Finding that it's more difficult to lose weight as I enter menopause. If there are any women out there going through the same thing, I would like to hear your suggestions!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm still peri myself but I did want to jump in and say Hello! Welcome:flowerforyou:

a tape measure can be a girls best friend....that scale..well can change on a dime through out the day..... if you haven't already grab a tape measure and have someone at the gym if you have access or a friend measure you and check it out again each month and you will see the progress of your hard work!

Sometimes changing our eating to get our body back in sycinc causes a bit of a gain at first for some folks...perhaps that's what's been happening with you....... pay no atttention to the man behind the curtain... just keep doing what you're doing ...logging, eating clean, toss some fitness in their, and of course how could we forget my favorite? Water water water and more water....to flush out all the junk from our bodies...and to keep ourselves hydrated:drinker:

If you're feeling smaller around the tummy...that is great news!!:drinker: Progress comes in so many ways....the least of all is the scale that is simply a measuring tool that can make us happy one moment, sad the next, happy, mad, depressed, happy........ well you see where this is going!!:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

as an afterthought....someone recently started a post on hitting menopause and the same thing you're sharing how our body changes and the weigh slows..... perhaps check out the search feature and I believe you'll come upon a few threads....:flowerforyou:
  • ggabald
    Options
    Thanks. I'll check out the search and drink more water!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! :flowerforyou:
  • jwinfield
    jwinfield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Haven't quite hit the menopause stage of life but I am certainly realizing that as I approach 30, its just not nearly as easy to drop 10 pounds to get into that party dress (ya feel me?) :noway: So, I'm not sure I can offer you much advice but I'll certainly be here for support. :flowerforyou: