Cabbage Soup Diet

Options
Is anyone using the Cabbage Soup Diet?

Replies

• ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i had a friend do it, i myself have not tried it, but she had great results with it!- good luck!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago. Too restrictive for me, and by the 3rd day the thought of eating another bowl of cabbage soup made me want to retch. I have much more success just counting my calories.
  • AJelinski
    AJelinski Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't use "The Cabbage Soup Diet," but I do eat (my own recipe) cabbage soup two to three times per week...it's quite filling but low cal.
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    I might give it a go...I LOVE savoy cabbage!
  • easterlyn
    easterlyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not right now but I have tried it. It is very taxing on your body and mind. You do see the weight loss quickly if you stick to it but it comes right back after you stop. Its an ok quick fix if you need to lose quick weight just before a holiday or something but useless for anything long term. Good luck if you try it.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My old supervisor did it, & she lost about 10 pounds from it. :)
    She let me try some of hers; it was really tasty.~
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago and hated it. I did lose some weight during that time, but put it back on when I started eating food again. I didn't like some of the suggested/required fruits, so that was difficult too. The slow and steady of calorie/portion control and exercise has been a much better on me.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
  • kristinmk
    kristinmk Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh goodness.... Does this mean you can only have cabbage in a broth!! Cabbage isn't bad but your body needs more than that. Girly, do your body a favor give it fat and protein and veggies and reduce your intake of other carbs. You'll be much happier that you did, and fuller! :) Good Luck!
  • cubanasusana
    cubanasusana Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can hear the gas from here! hahaha!!!
  • kylieszczebonski
    kylieszczebonski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its great as a detox, but to lose that much weight in that little time is really not effective for overall healthy habits. Lifestyle change is what needs to happen to maintain a healthy weight, along with exercise. Its the only way to keep off the pounds.
  • Misslionheart
    Options

Eight bananas in one day? I wouldn't eat that many in six months! :noway:
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    I don't use "The Cabbage Soup Diet," but I do eat (my own recipe) cabbage soup two to three times per week...it's quite filling but low cal.

On second thoughts, I might just ask you for your recipe! :bigsmile:
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    In high school my girlfriends and I would do the cabbage soup diet before a big dance. I felt lethargic by day 3.. however Id lose 8-10 pounds and the dress would fit alil nicer. I would gain it all back right after though.. but it served its purpose as a confidence booster for an event.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    google "the Amazing Soup Diet" I have lost 10lbs doing this. It actually helped me break my plateau. It is the Cabbage Soup Diet but tailored to every meal being different. Its super yummy and makes enough for the week. I actually have so much that I bring it for my sons daycare teacher every day as well and a Coworker. You will not be disappointed with this. Also I only do this twice a month...every month
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    google "the Amazing Soup Diet" I have lost 10lbs doing this. It actually helped me break my plateau. It is the Cabbage Soup Diet but tailored to every meal being different. Its super yummy and makes enough for the week. I actually have so much that I bring it for my sons daycare teacher every day as well and a Coworker. You will not be disappointed with this. Also I only do this twice a month...every month
    `

Thanks, I'll do that :wink:
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    Thanks everyone!