Stupid PMS.

Options
2»

Replies

• kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Le sigh…… I'm over that part, now just waiting for the water weight to go away dammit (I sure hope it's water, not Nutella weight!!!). :|
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Omg I totally understand where you are coming from. Yesterday I ate FIVE creme eggs and two bars of dairy milk hazelnut bars on top of a protein smoothie and a full tray of those spinach and ricotta pasta parcels (the one with enough for two people) with a price of chicken and tomato sauce. I was still starving!! I'm also a shorty so this was probably two days worth of calories in one. :'(

holy smokes

Haha! I have days like that too. We dwarfs sometimes have the appetites of giants for some unknown reason.... :neutral_face: it's.... It's very sad...

I have a huge appetite at times too. I guess not to the point I'm going to eat 5 creme eggs and two chocolate bars. I usually think one chocolate bar is indulgent enough.

Yeaaah..... I would eat a 500g box of mixed chocolates all in one day... :stuck_out_tongue:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Omg I totally understand where you are coming from. Yesterday I ate FIVE creme eggs and two bars of dairy milk hazelnut bars on top of a protein smoothie and a full tray of those spinach and ricotta pasta parcels (the one with enough for two people) with a price of chicken and tomato sauce. I was still starving!! I'm also a shorty so this was probably two days worth of calories in one. :'(

holy smokes

Haha! I have days like that too. We dwarfs sometimes have the appetites of giants for some unknown reason.... :neutral_face: it's.... It's very sad...

I have a huge appetite at times too. I guess not to the point I'm going to eat 5 creme eggs and two chocolate bars. I usually think one chocolate bar is indulgent enough.

Yeaaah..... I would eat a 500g box of mixed chocolates all in one day... :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe. Yum. Mixed chocolate....Look, now your cravings are becoming contagious.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Le sigh…… I'm over that part, now just waiting for the water weight to go away dammit (I sure hope it's water, not Nutella weight!!!). :|

Great -- now I'm craving Nutella too!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    And well, weight lifting doesn't burn that much so that ain't helping either... :neutral_face:

Oh sweets! Weight lifting will be your best friend! It's not overally breathing intensive so it won't interfere with your lung condition. It will actually help to increase your BMR so you can have a larger deficit while eating the same. That's what I'm doing. My diet hasn't changed in months. I wasn't losing before. I added in weight lifting and the weight is coming off. Plus my clothes feel better and my comfy work slacks are falling down! In just a month or so. Don't give up on weights. They may be a real way to improve your size/shape without aggravating your other issues.

• Leana088
    Options

holy smokes

I personally think its a friggen miracle that I don't have diabetes yet....because of all the sugar I eat sometimes. Nothing is too sweet and I can't get enough of it. Unless I'm physically too stuffed to eat more, that doesn't mean my mouth doesn't still want the taste of more.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

holy smokes

I personally think its a friggen miracle that I don't have diabetes yet....because of all the sugar I eat sometimes. Nothing is too sweet and I can't get enough of it. Unless I'm physically too stuffed to eat more, that doesn't mean my mouth doesn't still want the taste of more.

I find it easier to fit sugary things in my day over the salty/savory things I crave. I eat more chocolate and ice cream now while losing weight than I did when I was over weight.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, a woman's BMR is about 150-300 calories higher pre menstrual. :p

Haha for how long? A week? Because it's the week before. Ironically I'm as hungry (mentally) as an ox around this time, but when it actually hits my appetite returns to normal. Well, actually, my brain stops nagging. Because physically I'm not actually hungry.

7-14 days beforehand.

Not a scientific article, but here is the theory: http://www.thewellpath.com/news/why-do-i-get-so-hungry-before-and-during-my-period/
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, a woman's BMR is about 150-300 calories higher pre menstrual. :p

Haha for how long? A week? Because it's the week before. Ironically I'm as hungry (mentally) as an ox around this time, but when it actually hits my appetite returns to normal. Well, actually, my brain stops nagging. Because physically I'm not actually hungry.

7-14 days beforehand.

Not a scientific article, but here is the theory: http://www.thewellpath.com/news/why-do-i-get-so-hungry-before-and-during-my-period/

I'm so weird. I eat less.... I get starving after the fact.

• Leana088
    Options

7-14 days beforehand.

That's interesting! Mine though is not physical hunger (my stomach isn't growling). It's just mental cravings for stuff.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Mind over matter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I keep craving all things carby and fatty...

Pizza, pies, peanut butter (like the whole container!), chocolate, fudge, even rusks! I absolutely hate it. I'm trying really hard to distract myself with this cup of honey flavoured red tea. :neutral_face:

What's wrong with me?! How come I'm so short that I can't fit any of the above into my calories?? Or more specifically, why the heck am I craving it NOW when the day's almost over and I've eaten 3/4's of my calories already....UGH!

Rant over.

I know exactly what you mean... I had a 4000 calories day last month... Yikes. Same thing... craving carbs (but NOT sweets) and fats - so pasta, pizza, bread etc. But typically I end up eating some sweets anyway, last time I actually decided to have a bowl of ice cream hoping it would help, and it didn't... but mostly I ate too much brioche. Usually it starts slowly when I ovulate and gets worse until the last few days before my period when it's horrible, and I end up having a big 'cheat' meal (usually over my calories) then it goes away...

But it's a physical thing for me (not stomach growling, just feeling dizzy and a huge NEED for food) and I can't just 'ignore it'. I think that next time it happens (it typically starts in the afternoon for me) I'm either getting some pizza or making myself a pasta dish... because trying to eat 'healthier' things and hoping it goes away just doesn't work, so I just end up eating more and binging on crap instead of giving in and eating those things in the first place.

I read online that it helps to eat pure carbs (like toast with jam) 3 hours after eating, but typically I can't last 3 hours without eating at that time of the month, so yeah....
    30mphmike wrote: »
    a 45 min bike ride is 2 pieces of pizza--

Hahahaha. I burn 180 calories in 45 minutes on my bike (granted, it's a stationary bike, but still).
  • Leana088
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I keep craving all things carby and fatty...

Pizza, pies, peanut butter (like the whole container!), chocolate, fudge, even rusks! I absolutely hate it. I'm trying really hard to distract myself with this cup of honey flavoured red tea. :neutral_face:

What's wrong with me?! How come I'm so short that I can't fit any of the above into my calories?? Or more specifically, why the heck am I craving it NOW when the day's almost over and I've eaten 3/4's of my calories already....UGH!

Rant over.

I know exactly what you mean... I had a 4000 calories day last month... Yikes. Same thing... craving carbs (but NOT sweets) and fats - so pasta, pizza, bread etc. But typically I end up eating some sweets anyway, last time I actually decided to have a bowl of ice cream hoping it would help, and it didn't... but mostly I ate too much brioche. Usually it starts slowly when I ovulate and gets worse until the last few days before my period when it's horrible, and I end up having a big 'cheat' meal (usually over my calories) then it goes away...

But it's a physical thing for me (not stomach growling, just feeling dizzy and a huge NEED for food) and I can't just 'ignore it'. I think that next time it happens (it typically starts in the afternoon for me) I'm either getting some pizza or making myself a pasta dish... because trying to eat 'healthier' things and hoping it goes away just doesn't work, so I just end up eating more and binging on crap instead of giving in and eating those things in the first place.

I read online that it helps to eat pure carbs (like toast with jam) 3 hours after eating, but typically I can't last 3 hours without eating at that time of the month, so yeah....
    30mphmike wrote: »
    a 45 min bike ride is 2 pieces of pizza--

Hahahaha. I burn 180 calories in 45 minutes on my bike (granted, it's a stationary bike, but still).

I barely burn 100, because I'm a small person. I can't ride too fast though, because it puts pressure on my lungs.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Oh, and I just had 2 teaspoons of peanutbutter mixed with honey. Feel a little bit better now. :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    If that theory is correct, I missed the boat on it, because I can't eat more - even just, say, 300 or 400 calories more - just before my period but continue to lose weight.

I am nowhere near as hungry nowadays at PMS time (which generally for me is a little over a week; I'm due in eight days and my breasts are already sore) now that I've made a commitment to staying within my calorie goals. I believe I may have been using PMS as a "fallback" for overeating. And no, PMS doesn't treat me lightly. It has always been very, very hard for me, physically and emotionally.

Everyone is different.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a over tired food monster today. Period is on its way, my boobs hurt, I feel a little like hissing at anyone who comes near and wanna eat the world in carbs.

Luckily I am at work and only had the food I brought with me. Although 15 crackers (300 cals...not too much damage) did die a death. Also today was going to be a fast day. Doesn't look like thats happeneing now....