Just starting out, need friends to help

Options
I'm new to this whole lifestyle but I'm sick of living this way. Im looking for friends to help guide and motivate me into a better life. :D

Replies

• SRSFlowerPhoenix
    Options
    I'm new to this whole lifestyle but I'm sick of living this way. Im looking for friends to help guide and motivate me into a better life. :D

Hello Slim! I'm not new but getting back on track so I understand how you feel. You've got this
  • Carabear00
    Carabear00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Once you start it starts to be an addiction that is great one of a kind.
  • amendela3
    amendela3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my 6th day in a row so technically I'm new too:) Nobody realises how priceless is friends' support when trying to reach your goal so good luck!
  • SlimPoptart
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to start this new journey and leave behind all the junk. Good luck to all.
  • skinbeauty2005
    skinbeauty2005 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Hi Slim, I'm also new. I understand your feelings. This time last week I was crying about hating myself and after 6 days, I can see some great changes already, even if just in mindset!

Commit, have a plan, and push yourself to do and be better and it will happen! I don't want to wish you "good luck" because it's not about luck. It's about determination.
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey Slim, feel free to throw me an add anytime :smiley: and welcome to myfitnesspal!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me if you like.
  • sealyjay
    sealyjay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is my first and would be glad for the support as well so u can add me
  • pamelatorbett
    Options
    Hi Newbie! Actually I am also, started working out seriously January, but started my goal of entering a competition beginning of March. What is your goal? It is fun and motivating to know others have similar thoughts about working out and how to use this site to help. More friends the better!
  • bmmoran330
    bmmoran330 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Slim. I'm having the same feelings myself right now. I'm sort of new/trying to be more consistent overall. I'm new to the community boards so you can add me if you like. Take care. Bernadette
  • SolitudesMuse
    SolitudesMuse Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. Happy Monday!
  • KSpandidakis
    KSpandidakis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've done this before but I'm getting back at it but it would definitely be nice to have some friends an motivation.
  • LaurenRaeLIFE
    LaurenRaeLIFE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been there... I have been SICK to nearly death of feeling like crap and not being able to fit into my favorite clothes. Its that "I've had enough!" that is going to drive you to a better place physically, emotionally and mentally. Hang in there! And reach out if you ever get discouraged and need support. You CAN do this!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Hello SlimPoptart, I wish you the best on reaching you goals and would be more than happy to connect with you and provide you with any motivation or advice that I can. There are things that you can do to help others better help you but it’s totally up to you on how much you do. One is to open your food diary up so others can see what you are doing and give you pointers or their personal experiences. You can either make the diary open to MFP friends, public, or just a few select people that have a password to see it. Another thing would be to fill out your information, tell people about yourself, give them a little back ground, why you want to get in shape, and what are a few of your inspirations. The more people know the better they can assist.
    I’m pretty much an open book, my profile is public (go read it if you’d like) but being that open may not be for you. You have to make that decision for yourself.
    Either way, I’m here for you if you choose to add me. Anybody that is looking for active friends can add me as well.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • tjventocilla
    tjventocilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just started 2 days ago!
  • beautiful2015
    beautiful2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ' I been using Fitness Pal for 2 weeks I've been on a 1500 calorie diet insofar I have lost 5 pounds this is the most easy and sucessful out to you use. some days was hard and even if I fell off just a little bit I got back right on track the next day the most important thing is even if you mess up one day star back up the next day..

• Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone)! Super active and supportive here!
  • bam2103
    bam2103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I'm gonna need some encouragement too! Add me :)