Hubby might be coming around

Options
dustyhockeymom
dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
My husband and I are both overweight. About two and a half months ago, I started to eat better and exercise. He is very supportive of me but had shown no interest in changing for himself. Since I do most of the cooking, he is eating healthier the meals we eat together, but that is about it. He eats fast food for lunch daily and he likes his sweets. I don't even have the excuse of saying it's too tempting for me to have junk in the house, because I can have it all around and not eat it. I difference is I wanted to eat it before and now I don't. I have been very careful not to bug him or nag him into joining me.

And last night I saw the first shift! He was on the computer looking at exercise equipment for sale!!! I am hoping if I just keep sticking to it, and not force him that he will come along with me on his own. I was so excited!

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Leading by example!! Your influence is paying off. He is taking baby steps in the right direction.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    That's great. Sometimes seeing the living example is so much more powerful than anything you could say to someone.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    You are super-smart.
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    its a great feeling to see your partner want to make a change for themselves. I have been on my weight loss journey for years and recently my guy started doing a little light cardio on the treadmill. He is also going to stop smoking in june! super excited. Who wants to be healthy alone?
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT JOB!!!! your consistency wil be motivating for him :) and fantastic job on your journey so far :)
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for how you've handled this. Great feeling, too, by the way. :happy:
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    You are doing the right thing to the letter IMHO.

Giving people grief about it usually makes them go the wrong direction even more.
  • sweetums85
    sweetums85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    im trying to get my hubby to do the same i reckon once he sees me lose like 10 kg he will start doing the same
  • jtaliaferro
    jtaliaferro Posts: 11
    Options
    Yeah my wife is the one that brought me around, she started about three months before I did. Men are like kids, we don't want to be left out! ;)
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Me and hubby both want and need to lose weight. I'm about 75 lbs overweight and he wants to lose about 50 lbs. I'm tracking on here and I really need to start exercising. He's making some better choices, but he's not tracking calories and he's not exercising yet either. But he is very encouraging of me and I'm so thankful for that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!