Changing Habits- advice, support, share your story, join in!

Options
I created a terrible habit of snacking late at night, after dinner and the kids are in bed. What used to be a small snack, now is a full on binge of sweets. I've tried so many times to stop, and I can for a week or so, but then fall back into it. I know I'm not alone.

Anyone else struggle with this and find a good solution? What have you done to change your habits? Would anyone like to join in and share their success story or what has worked in the past, or just to encourage each other?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i stopped taking them in the bedroom with me
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's such a great tip! Definitely would make me more mindful...
  • wholecat
    wholecat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have such a sweet tooth! And have gotten to snacking a lot and buying lots of chocolate from work. I've started using the mentality, if I don't bring it home, I won't eat it! If you only bring home apples, you only indulge on fruit. I've been trying to do that and also make some various chia puddings to help curb sugar cravings as I've cut out refined sugars lately (so hard!!!). Good luck!
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I buy individually wrapped mini pieces of chocolate (like dove or andes candies) and keep them in the freezer. If I want choc in the evening I allow myself 1 ..take it to bed with me and enjoy it there that way I dont grab another on my way up. If I am really wanting something sweet/salty/crunchy....I eat pickles. dill...with a couple sweet pickle chips or green olives...small wedge of cheese or boiled egg if the pickles aren't enough.
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As wholecat says just keep fruit in the house and remove the temptation.

If you want it that bad and you're willing to head to the shops to go get it then it must be worth it!