Exercise Calorie Burn List

quittingtime71
quittingtime71 Posts: 6
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I can't seem to find a site where all exercises are listed and the calories each of them burns is listed. Can anyone help? Exercises like the Ab Wheel, and Gold's Gym Total Body Fitness DVD exercises, and all of the Wii Fit Plus too.

Replies

• Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    its important to remember that calories burned vary per person - variables include:

resistance/effort
    time

i weight 269.4lbs - if i do one exercise, and someone else who weights 120lbs does the same, we would burn different amount of calories

some people use heart rate monitors to track calories burned - but remember to subtract the equivilent of your BMR for the time you do the exercise for as your BMR is already included in MFPs calculations

i really cant help when it comes to working out individual calories burned for each exercise though
  • I do a varied routine of exercises throughout the week. I will do the Wii Fit Plus - The Obsticle Course and the Advance step are my favorites, around 10-15 min of stretch tubing workout - area of the body differs from day to day, and am learning the Your Shape w/Jenny McCarthy. I keep gaining weight even though I am keeping my calorie intake between 1200-1400. Will the weight ever start coming off? I am 5'3", of medium build, and wiegh 140 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.