My scale is posessed!

Options
So, scale problems. I am trying to decide what to do. The one I have been using all this time is driving me nuts. It takes about 20 tries to get two readings that match, half of those tries results in Errors! I have tried different spots on the bathroom floor, cleaning the floor, it doesn't seem to matter. And the biggest head scratcher? I of course tried replacing the batteries. I tried fully-charged rechargeables first. The scale wouldn't even turn on! Then I tried new regular batteries. Same thing, it wouldn't turn on. I put the old cheapo generic batteries back in there and it turned back on. I have had that scale for 3 years and those are the same batteries since the first day. It won't accept any other batteries. It's a home edics one from Wal-Mart that I paid about $30 for. I am thinking about using another digital scale that my oldest son uses, but it always measured about 2 pounds heavier than mine, but at least his one gives you the same number no problem twice in a row. What have you guys done, and can you suggest a better scale that is not insanely priced? Thanks!

Actually, it's a health-o-meter one from Wally World. Just checked.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wish I could recommend a perfectly accurate scale, but I'm not sure they exist, at least not in a price range where most folks could afford. And scales break, too. Yours might just be dead.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Love my Weight Watchers scale. I bought it 4 years ago..never had a problems with it. Good luck in your hunt for a good one!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I saw someone post this one and saved it thinking I would order it but haven't yet.............

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b
  • DJHackman
    DJHackman Posts: 8
    Options
    id highly recommend a traditional scales with the dial they last forever
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the weight watchers scale(digital) and I've had them for about 5 yrs, same reading over and over, I luv them. My mom bought them for me from wal-mart, I think about $30
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love my Weight Watchers scale. I bought it 4 years ago..never had a problems with it. Good luck in your hunt for a good one!

Me too! I love mine, I have had it for 4 years and don't have any problems with it (Knock on wood!) and it is very close to the readings on my Dieticians scale in her office. So I feel pretty ok with it. I think I got it at Lowes, oddly enough. It wasn't that expensive.
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    wha kind of batteries does it take??? Call your local Walgreens they have a huge assortment of batteries ...