I need to find a routine

Options
coffeetox
coffeetox Posts: 34 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
I keep starting routines and quitting...I think its because I get lonely. The small town I'm in does not help very much. I'm not over weight but could use to tone up and get back into shape, mainly want to feel better.

Could use some advice or encouragement...

Replies

• jazzandbill
    jazzandbill Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    me too.. im trying to see if some videos that are for 30 days straight might help me do an exercise routine.
  • dragon_sla
    dragon_sla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's hard to start and get motivated. Think we all go through this. I worked with a trainer and really helped me. Was paying and motivated me to go. He helped develope a routine that worked for me and showed me how to do it right. I also made friends there that helped keep me motivated. Soon enough it became my routine. Another thing you can do is ask here for friends to help motivate and ask questions. If you want feel free to add me. I try to motivate and also like MFP friends that check and push me. Good luck on meeting your goals.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert and I gravitate towards private activities but I can understand.

Any sort of clubs in your small town? Golf maybe, softball, or running?

Heard of the seven minute workout?
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    There is a lot you could probably do in the privacy of your own home, as others mentioned videos and routines in your home; you can add body weight based training to the list as well and there are a variety of places online that post workout videos for free (fitnessblender.com) is my favorite.

However, you mentioned being lonely. So, I'm not so sure a home workout routine is what is best for you.

You could try a program that you could do with your daughters such as martial arts, kick boxing, dancing, horseback riding, swimming, or whatever similar activity you have around town. Doing something as a family might help you get more support from the small town you are in.
  • skinbeauty2005
    skinbeauty2005 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Bikini Body Mommy videos. She has them all listed on YouTube for free. She also has a few books you can buy ( if you want) and meal plans, complete with shopping lists and recipes, for $10 a month.

What I love about it and keeps me going is that she wasn't some perfect bodied fitness guru when she started. She was out of shape, taped her videos every day, so you can see her progress and struggles and she is always encouraging!

Plus, you joining a community like this, online, can be super helpful! Don't lose sight of what you really want. It won't come overnight, but with a positive outlook and a commitment to better yourself, you'll be there someday!