nursing mom's support thread

Options
:flowerforyou: I know we had talked about this and I figure it sounds like such a good idea. I know there are a few nursing moms here and it's nice to know we aren't alone.

so come join us

Replies

• mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know we had talked about this and I figure it sounds like such a good idea. I know there are a few nursing moms here and it's nice to know we aren't alone.

so come join us
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Great idea ladies! (heck, I'm nursing my little guy right now! :laugh: )
    I don't know that I will post regularly but wanted to open the door to you guys as I'm still breastfeeding my 4 year old (this is where the child-led approach to weaning has brought us) and my almost 2-yr-old plus I'm a personal trainer with specialization in pre- and post-natal fitness. I am also a trained birth doula which means I've also got some training in regards to breastfeeding. So if any of that seems like I could provide an answer to something for you, add me or message me :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    hello hello hello! :bigsmile: I'm fully breastfeeding my 3 month old - bonus 500 cals works for me! :laugh: I'm not feeding my older son who is 2y7m - I returned to work when he was 6 months and my supply literally just dried up :cry: Am not returning till my bubba is 10 mths this time, so hoping to feed for longer *fingerscrossed*
  • mommachag
    Options
    I don't know that I will post regularly but wanted to open the door to you guys as I'm still breastfeeding my 4 year old (this is where the child-led approach to weaning has brought us) and my almost 2-yr-old plus I'm a personal trainer with specialization in pre- and post-natal fitness. I am also a trained birth doula which means I've also got some training in regards to breastfeeding. So if any of that seems like I could provide an answer to something for you, add me or message me :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I also follow a child led weaning approach. my children have all nursed for 2 + years. my 4 .5 year old just weaned a month or so ago with a little distraction for me, simply becasue of his dietary issues.
    my 19 month old is still nursing as well.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

I also follow a child led weaning approach. my children have all nursed for 2 + years. my 4 .5 year old just weaned a month or so ago with a little distraction for me, simply becasue of his dietary issues.
    my 19 month old is still nursing as well.

Nice! I never know how it will be received when I tell people I'm still breastfeeding my daughter at over 4. It's really infrequent these days though. Just a few times a month now. But my 2 y/o is still nursing many many times a day and through the night (we co-sleep). I often wonder how much my body is actually using energy-wise since I've been at this for so long. I would imagine there would be SOME adaptation to the energy required to actually MAKE the milk versus for a body for whom the task is new. Who knows :happy:
  • mommachag
    Options
    on a regular basis I put in 300 calories because he is so much older and I have been doing it so long. he still nurses a lot. in fact if I sit down he wants nuhni and nuhni one. when he was sick though and wouldn't eat and only nursed all day I put in the 500.

child led weaning works for our family.
  • msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 10 month old pretty frequently. I just add about 200 calories to my calorie goal to make it sort of like a range (i.e 2000-2200 )
  • mommachag
    Options
    i think weight watchers offers 10 points for nursing little ones and half for nursing / solids babies. so everything says 500 cals for just nursing, so i add 250 on the recomendation of a dietition(forgive me i cant spell)
  • laine950
    laine950 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to these forums looking for support, community within nursing mothers and weight loss etc. How do I join a group?
  • livvyshockley10
    Options
    Im new here just downloaded the app today im nursing my almosy sixe week old and i really want to lose weight without affecting my supppy and im new to breastfeeding so just looking for tips on how to lose weight quick without affecting my milk ☺
  • awwheck
    awwheck Posts: 1
    Options
    Everyone is different but I have had trouble cutting calories and breastfeeding. What has helped me the most is eating clean. I am still breastfeeding my seven month old and I use the app to make sure my nutrition is on point and I don't eat too many carbs. It took six months to loose all my pregnancy weight. Remember that your body did an amazing thing, it carried a growing baby inside and is now giving your baby nourishment. Don't be hard on yourself and expect results overnight.
  • Gabriellagorey
    Gabriellagorey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm currently nursing my 3 month old daughter. I'm having a tough time with cutting calories as well. I really don't want to eat too little so I don't lose my milk supply. =/ I'll definitely be following this thread for info!
  • kristylarmstrong
    kristylarmstrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new here just started cycling 3x a week to help loose the baby weight. I'm exclusively pumping right now and my baby is 2.5 months old. I'm hoping to loose 30 lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Don't know how to add people as friends/support on here but feel free to add me :)