I Need A Good Affordable Heart Rate Monitor! Pleassse

Options
LOL. Sooo Im in search of a good heart rate monitor and cal counter that isnt going to cost a ALOT of $$$. Any suggestions?????

Replies

• alibaba0310
    alibaba0310 Posts: 94
    Options
    i'm looking for the same thing! help please!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    I got one at walmart last nite for 30.00. I used it this morning, and its pretty easy to use. I just hope its accurate. Its called sportline s7.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Polar F6!
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    Consider this blog mandatory reading before you buy an HRM.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

It's a good read, well worth the effort.
    I'm of the opinion that in general you get what you pay for with an HRM - unless the unit can be programmed with your resting HR, your age, weight and gender, as well as your aerobic capacity (V02Max), it's not going to be a very accurate estimate.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    I second the use of a Polar! Those HRMs for the best and I've been using them for years.
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    I just took back the sportline duo 1010 and now have the polar f4.. definiately different in cal counting.. but easier to operate..
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i use the New Balance Fit. It dos not have a chest strap which eveyone will tell you is necessary. i dont agree. When i am on the treadmill, which is what i normally exercise on, i take my own HR every 3mins or around there. the more readings the more accurate, i assume. It was $60 @ Target and I love it.
  • Luvlex4
    Luvlex4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    pyroxian

Thanks for posting that link. I am new to these things and just bought a HRM w/strap. For me, working out has always been fun and a stress relieve, now I want to see how I can get thru my plateau. I am pretty sure it's due to my calorie intake (not enough) and not knowing how many calories I burn during my workouts. I'll see where this HRM goes and hopefully I won't have to return it. I just posted a message about mine today.