Options
2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    Are you weighing your food with a food scale?
    How are you calculating your exercise burns?
    Are you eating back those exercise calories and if so what %.

Its just about the math really.

She is losing 1-1.5 pounds per week, which is a perfectly acceptable amount with a target of 25 pounds to lose.

So I think what she is doing is fine, she just has unrealistic expectations because she is comparing to people losing 2-5 pounds per week.

I already made that point, but I was interested in whether her expectations were reasonable based on what she was doing, which is what she was asking about. It may be her results are exactly in line with the math and that would help the OP understand why she was being unrealistic in expecting more.

I'll just stick to perfectly acceptable and unreasonable expectations.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be losing 1 - 1 1/2 lbs a week!
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    how much protein are you actually getting. almonds are a greater source of fats than they are protein...
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When I weighed almost 300 pounds, I lost 10/month....but now, if I'm lucky, it's 4-5 per month. There is less of me. I have less to lose. Ergo, it will come off slower unless I drastically cut and don't get good nutrition and will then be in general a witch extraordinaire.

1-1.5 pounds per week is excellent when you only have 20 to go. I'd stop worrying about that piece of it.
  • ChrisShew
    ChrisShew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was actually just wondering if i was doing ok ?!?! I have never had to try to lose weight & never counted calories etc i thought i was maybe doing something wrong when seeing friends results as compared to mine i am happy to be losing what i have just needed some info & support figured this was place to look
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your progress is right on par, but try to skip the "diet" and work towards something you can maintain long term. If you can eat more food (protein included) and skip a bit of the smoothies, I think your body will thank you in the end.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    ChrisShew wrote: »
    I was actually just wondering if i was doing ok ?!?! I have never had to try to lose weight & never counted calories etc i thought i was maybe doing something wrong when seeing friends results as compared to mine i am happy to be losing what i have just needed some info & support figured this was place to look

You are doing okay. :) You're losing weight at a great pace so as long as you are happy with how you feel, there's no need to change anything.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    lossing 1 pound a week is really good. When I loose weight, the slower I loose it the easier it is for me to keep off.
  • ChrisShew
    ChrisShew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone