Lunch ideas?

Options
So I'm one of those people who are prone to not eating and then to overeating later.

Do any of you have good ideas for lunches to take to work where there isn't a lot of fridge space and on a budget? Most leftovers go to my sister because she has a high energy job. So something I could make quick in the morning or the night before would be great.

xThanks

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    throw some cheese over a can of refried beans that is heated.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Could you make enough at dinner that there would be enough leftovers for the both of you for lunch? Would be simplest and probably cheapest option.

Also, if you don't *like* to eat very much during the day, and you prefer to eat most of your day's calories in the evening, that is okay. If you've found that forcing yourself to have three meals corrects that, then go for it. But otherwise, you could maybe just experiment with bringing the odd snack (try for something with both protein and fat, not just carbs). If you can minimize the effect so that later, you're eating an appropriate amount (and not OVEReating) then, success!

You'd have lots of calories to carry over into the evening, so technically you could eat a lot at that time and not be overeating. Experiment with snack timing and macros in your snacks to try to minimize feeling like you could eat the whole kitchen when you get in.

Or you can pre-prepare some foods a few days ahead. I don't know if you mean limited fridge space at home or work, but ziploc bags can usually hold food in a way that fits easily into a fridge with limited space. Or buy compact, stackable tupperware. And if you meant at work, get a lunch box and an ice pack for it if need be, and keep it at your desk. Easy foods include: Anything that can be done on a baking sheet or roasting pan, like chicken, pork, mixed veggies. Sauce type things (you can use a pot or slow cooker) then do up rice or couscous or pasta to go with it.
  • TJWrites00
    TJWrites00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love getting those 100 guacamole packs and eating that with carrots and celery. Filling and crunchy. The spicy guac is the most satisfying for me.