Options
aprilh576
aprilh576 Posts: 50 Member
Do you still exercise during your tom?

Replies

• futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yes. somehow it makes me less bloated (or at least feel that way)
  • DosEquisToGo
    Options
    yes, of course. I think if you had medical problems then maybe you couldn't but I don't see why not.
  • futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    it also is a good way to avoid binging. craving something but not hungry? exercise a bit. or at least you'll get a few extra calories to splurge on a treat
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I guess more information is needed because why would you not?
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I sure do. Tom begs me to stay home and eat fried, junky, sweet food with him, but I kick Tom in the face and get my butt to the gym. Tom has no say!
  • midnightsky1
    midnightsky1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes i do but i find i lose strength and energy but i still go depends on how it makes you feel. Everyones different i sometimes feel light headed to so that day i wouldnt
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Always? Although I skip aquasize for the week.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Different cultures view it differently - women are viewed as unclean during this phase and limtations may apply, from simply not being able to attend religious places, all the way through to not being allowed to participate in "normal" activities.

In the west women are generally expected/encouraged to carry on with all aspects of their life throughout that time. I remember getting a 'lecture' from our PE teacher around 12 telling us that "tom" was not a valid excuse to ever ask to be excused from PE, so suck it up and deal with it.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Some women have a harder time than others. I always had cramps the first day....then nothing the rest of the way. Regular strength ibuprofen was enough for me.

I worked out (menopause now) on my regular days. Some women have horrendous cramping, subscription strength medications....if this is you....then cut back the first day. Make that your rest day. Your body needs a rest day now and then anyway. If you feel you must do "something" to stay motivated.....go for a brisk walk.....do you light yoga.

Only you know how bad your TOM is.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ^ sorry, that should be "women can be seen as unclean". Worst typo possible lol.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I personally do not during days 1 and 2 only because that's when the flow is heavier and I don't like feeling absolutely disgusting.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Yes, but sometimes I may have to take it a bit easier on the first day or two, depending on how I'm feeling. (I can get a really upset stomach and that can make intense exercise unpleasant.)
  • fitnesia
    fitnesia Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I always exercise when I'm on my period. It actually helps with the cramps.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    yes I do.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! And when regular excercise has become a habit, I find that flow is reduced, headache non-existent and cramps barely noticeable.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    No, because it hurts to much to move. I basicily camp out on the sofa with the heating pad and lots of pain killers. ><
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, it actually soothes the pain.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Exercise can help cramps A LOT! It can also help shorten your period, at least in my experience, everyones tom is different.
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always continue on as normal. For me (personally), I don't view it as a reason to alter my behavior. If I'm tired or cramping I push through it and 99.99% of the time feel BETTER afterward.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes, it helps my cramps.