How do you log exercise DVD's e.g. 30 day shred

Options
How do you log calories burned for exercise DVD's such as 30 day shred?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Under cardiovascular - select circuit training.

MFP uses general categories because the calorie burns given are guestimates. Many times the guestimates are "generous"....so plan on eating back 50-75%. You can tweak the numbers as you figure things out.
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training as well
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For 30DS I log it as circuit training but I only log it as 20 minutes. I don't count warm up or cool down in the total minutes. When I do this MFP's calorie burned estimate is usually pretyy close to my HRM for workout dvd's.
  • gandjarmstrong920
    Options
    Thank you!
  • tiffanyO1994
    tiffanyO1994 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jillian has her own app and you put your weight in and it tells u what u burn with her videos ! Then I put that in MFP
  • gandjarmstrong920
    Options
    Tiffany, the only app I can access for Jillian is one where you have to upgrade and pay to get all info. There was another one that came up on search but when try to select says app unavailable. Do you know the name of the one you are referring to?
  • ChrisN1946
    ChrisN1946 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use an Android app Exercise Calorie Counter you just input weight and time and it gives you a huge list of exercises and activities.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    My HRM gives me 180 calories burned doing 30 Day Shred. MFP's calculator gives me 193 burned if I put it as "Aerobics - General" which is pretty close. If I put it as "Circuit Training - General" MFP gives me 243 burned. :)