New and looking for friends to support.

Options
Just starting today (diet restart number xxxx :( ) - looking for friends to motivate me towards my weight loss goal (need to loose 22 lbs).

Replies

• lyonsmom
    lyonsmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sorry to hear about restart number xxxx. I've done the same thing but finally stopped calling my journey a diet. I'm a single mom raising two kids on my own, a Registered Nurse, and being mom and dad while keeping the schedule I keep, so if I can do it, anyone can. I'll be glad to motivate you if you would like. Feel free to add me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    HI, welcome to MFP! Stop dieting and make a lifestyle change!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've had so many do-overs that I've lost count. It wasn't so much a motivational thing for me, but a patience thing. I suddenly noticed the weight I gained over a couple of years and I wanted to suddenly find it gone. I'd feel hopeless when it didn't move fast enough for me, like it was never going to happen. Irony being that if I'd just stuck to it that first time, I would have been at my goal a long time ago.

I'm over 70 days into this round, learned a few things about it being worth the hard work and quality time to get there, learned to accept the fluctuations and days I go over my goal as part of the journey and not the end of it. I do my best not to just like everything that people post, but to comment periodically. No criticism, of course, but words of encouragement or maybe a helpful insight if I think I have one. My diary is an open book (even the occasional Mountain Dew or girlscout cookie).

If anyone feels that I would be a benefit to their support group, they are welcome to add me.
  • genellegreenwald1
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome responses ! I managed to stick with my calorie goals over the weekend and am looking fwd to the weeks ahead.
  • zoeandrews1606
    Options
    I've also restarted numerous times. After losing a stone and half at slimming to start I've stayed the same for nearly a year so time for a change and try calorie counting, started saturday and joined curves today. Also looking for friends on here for motivation :)
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome, feel free to add me :)
  • angeleyes310
    angeleyes310 Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi! I feel you on the restarting! I'm also on number xxxx! I'm getting married in October and hoping that will be some motivation as I don't want to look like a whale in my dress. Feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other. :)