I gotta lose this 100+!!

Options
Time to focus on me now. Being married for 26, raising 3 kids and being a stay at home mom for awhile had kept me busy. But now my 3rd child is a couple weeks from graduation. Which means I can now focus more on me and getting healthy! I actually started this journey about a month ago when I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure. Since then I have 20 lbs but still have a long way to go! Looking for friends to help keep me going. It's easier when you surround yourself with people who know what kind of journey is ahead of you

Replies

• BeOptimistic09
    BeOptimistic09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Begun is half done. Welcome and congrats on your progress.
  • Ellis1016
    Ellis1016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    penny0207 wrote: »
    Time to focus on me now. Being married for 26, raising 3 kids and being a stay at home mom for awhile had kept me busy. But now my 3rd child is a couple weeks from graduation. Which means I can now focus more on me and getting healthy! I actually started this journey about a month ago when I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure. Since then I have 20 lbs but still have a long way to go! Looking for friends to help keep me going. It's easier when you surround yourself with people who know what kind of journey is ahead of you

Hi Penny! I have over 100+ pounds to lose as well. It's not going to be easy but staying dedicated to your goal will help you stay focused.
  • penny0207
    penny0207 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you! As everyone knows, it's a daily battle. But so far so good! If only the chocolate would stop yelling my name every time I go to the store! Lol
  • shellybellyfatty
    shellybellyfatty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    good morning, I thought I was the only one that the chocolate yelled out my name all the time lol
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job already. Feel free to add me. I can always use more friends.
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Penny, HAPPY CONGRATS on your decision and desire to change your life and for that GREAT LOSS of 20lbs so far!!! I joined in July with 215lbs to lose and I've thankfully been strong enough to stay dedicated to this journey for these 8mths and have been able to lose 109lbs of it so far :) Of course, this is only half-way to my goal...but the real goal is always CHANGE for a HEALTHIER ME!!! I'm already seeing so much improvement in my every day life and health that it amazes me and I feel so happy and blessed :D My doctor has actually hugged me with relief at the proactive stance I've now taken in my life and he's told me that he's seen wondrous changes in my bloodwork leading to my prescriptions for blood pressure and cholesterol medications to be drastically lowered. He has every hope to have me off of them completely within the next few months (*) And this is after only meeting half of my goal!! I'm so pumped and excited about losing the next 100+lbs and then maintaining for a happy healthy life after that B):D Penny, you can do this!! I started at 369lbs at age 50 under similar life's circumstances. Married 30 years, 2 grown children now and 3 grandchildren, stay at home mom and homemaker most of my life, and caretaker to my cancer-ridden dear mother for 10 years before she passed in 2012. Hubby works a crossover 2nd and 3rd shift job, so I'm alone majority of my days and nights. It's hard to fight temptations and deal with such a mixture of feelings hitting you all the time. But now you've found MFP and like-minded folk who will understand and support you. No judgments here. Love and acceptance that we all are coming from a place of desire to change...to do better...to be better for ourselves. You're wonderful and beautiful, Penny; and you will find, in time, that you are a lot stronger than you ever imagined you could be (*) God bless, good luck, and come get me with a friend request if you like B) (*) :D
  • penny0207
    penny0207 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    good morning, I thought I was the only one that the chocolate yelled out my name all the time lol

Lol... I am tempted to throw a bag of salad at every piece !
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    congrats on your progress so far and good luck on your journey... feel free to add me
  • dzjellybeans
    dzjellybeans Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! It's a journey! I started my journey around the same time and I already feel so much better and have dropped 30 lbs. I think that you are on the right path! I still have 100+ I would like to lose but it's not going to happen over night. Please feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you focus on a series of short-term achievable goals. Friend request sent.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Lol... I am tempted to throw a bag of salad at every piece !

Ha ha ha! The battle is really won or lost in the store. If you can get out of the store with nothing crapworty in your cart you are on the right track. Take it one trip at a time. That's what I do. Sometimes I win...sometimes I don't. We just gotta pick ourselves back up and keep trying, right?

Good job and good luck lady! It's gonna be tough but totally worth feeling healthy and strong.
  • cathleen73
    cathleen73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good job so far! I also have over 100 to lose. I started a couple of years ago and was doing well for 3 months. I'm a foster mom whose kids ended up being sent up after almost 1.5 years and I kind of got in a screw it mode. I have new kids who I've had for a year. I started again about 14 days ago and really want to make some progress. Hopefully I get to keep these kids, but even if I don't, I need to make some major changes. I owe it to myself and my husband to get in the best shape possible. If we do get to keep these toddlers, I need to be able to keep up!. Anyway, I'm down about 7 ish pounds in the last couple of weeks. Feel free to add me.

And you can have chocolate! That's what I love about this program, you can work out to gain extra calories, or shave off calories off your meals to save up for something nice. A lower calorie snack option is the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. They have an awesome chocolate peanut butter one or a snickerdoodle cookie one for like 140 calories and only 1 gram of fat. I find if i try to avoid it altogether, I' m more likely to splurge too much later.
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well done so far! The time to take charge of health is definitely now :smile: It's a struggle, but it DOES get easier! Especially with awesome MFP friends! Welcome to the site, I'll send you a request if you'd like to add another friend!
  • arlenemorales311
    arlenemorales311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I started this journey to better myself too, also, with high triglycerides being high at age 38; almost had a heart attack. But I do agree that doing this for yourself and feeling good about yourself is soooo hard. I do the same stop thinking of chocolate, sodas, etc. And it hits me to my belly. Well, I do hope you are doing well with your goals because so far Im actually going over 300 to 50 calories over my limit...any suggestions? Hope to hear from you soon...

• mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me :)
  • melaniebenz
    melaniebenz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I can absolutely understand where you're coming from. I am a single mom of 1 amazing daughter who is 17. After all these years focusing on her I'm starting to realize I better start focusing on me because she is going to be off to college soon. I have health problems as well. I just started today & need to lose 130 lbs. I lost 105 lbs over the last 3 yrs but I have gained back 30 of it & have not been really focused on it so now is the time to get serious. Good luck & feel free to add me as a friend if you want. You can do this!!!