calories

I'm all about loosing weight healthy and I really don't deprive myself of food. I just am not hitting the 1000 calories mark every day but I never go to bed hungry. I drink a gallon of water a day so that really fills me. I usually hit around 800-900 calories a day and sometimes I go over 1000.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What do you want? Validation for your under-consumption? Maybe if you share what you are seeking to get from this thread . . .
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    You are capable of eating more calories. You got to a point where you wanted to lose 80 pounds. You don't get to that point eating under 1000 calories everyday.

Eat a cookie. Add more oil when you cook. Put butter on your veggies. Use full fat dressing.
  • The rest of my post did not go through. I would like some tips on adding more calories to my diet.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Didn't see a question? Is there one? Yes, you should be eating your calories. If you have a hard time getting to your calorie goal, how on earth did you ever become overweight? I am not being rude at all, but it doesn't make sense.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited March 2015
    Calorie dense foods can be your best friend when you're trying to eat more. These are foods that pack a lot of calories into just a small amount, so they boost your calories quickly without putting a lot of extra food in your stomach.

This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • Hornsby
    What do you want? Validation for your under-consumption? Maybe if you share what you are seeking to get from this thread . . .

Why would 3 questions trying to get clarification from an OP that doesn't have a clear question be flagged?

• janejellyroll
    Hornsby wrote: »

Why would 3 questions trying to get clarification from an OP that doesn't have a clear question be flagged?

Some people like to flag everything that isn't hugs and kisses. I wasn't sure what OP was looking for (she clarified that not all of her intended content made it into the initial post), so that is why I asked.
  • dannielleferrone
    dannielleferrone Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    I apologize my message did not post the way it was intended. I cut out lots of fatty foods I was eatting before so I wanted advice on healthy options with lots of calories so I can meet the standard. So thank you diannethegeek for your helpful and polite response. I appreciate it. Everyone else who posted a reply maybe you could take a little time before your rude remarks it can put a damper on someone's day. Maybe not respond at all next time! Thanks
  • janejellyroll
    I apologize my message did not post the way it was intended. I cut out lots of fatty foods I was eatting before so I wanted advice on healthy options with lots of calories so I can meet the standard. So thank you diannethegeek for your helpful and polite response. I appreciate it. Everyone else who posted a reply maybe you could take a little time before your rude remarks it can put a damper on someone's day. Maybe not respond at all next time! Thanks

Everyone else was rude? Your initial post was unclear. I requested clarification. Other people provide suggestions of how to meet your goal.

If responses like those seen in this thread really put a damper on your day, posting questions on an open forum like this one may not be for you.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    You may want to consider cutting back on how much water you drink so it doesn't fill you up so much. Latest science has debunked the idea of needing to drink a certain amount of water to lose weight. If you are fully hydrated (your urine is pale yellow or straw colored), you are fully hydrated and don't need to drink more water. There is lots of water in the food we eat, especially fruits and vegetables, and you may not need to drink so much added water.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I'm all about loosing weight healthy and I really don't deprive myself of food. I just am not hitting the 1000 calories mark every day but I never go to bed hungry. I drink a gallon of water a day so that really fills me. I usually hit around 800-900 calories a day and sometimes I go over 1000.

Does all that water support your existing lean muscle mass?

Um...no. So I guess we've established "feeling full" in no way equated to adequate nutrition.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

Those other posters were trying to help you as well. Have you considered including smaller portions of some of the foods you've cut out? That can help to boost your calories while you work on balancing your intake.
  • I drink a gallon a day not to make myself full but because it gives me energy without caffeine and has lots of benefits for clearing toxins in my skin that was causing break outs.
  • Hornsby
    Which particular toxins is the water cleansing? Just curious.
  • Toxins from makeup, dirt, and oil.
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    Have a shower....
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    The fact is, you didn't get to your weight on 1000 calories a day.You know what foods you can eat to up the calories because for years you managed it. I feel like this post was more of an attempt to somehow brag that you only eat 900 calories a day.
  • Hornsby
    Toxins from makeup, dirt, and oil.

But which toxins?

Toxin definition if it helps...
    an antigenic poison or venom of plant or animal origin, especially one produced by or derived from microorganisms and causing disease when present at low concentration in the body.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Sorry, the toxin thing is more "bro-science" unsupported by the evidence. Yes, staying well-hydrated is good for your skin but over-hydrating is not good for anything. If you are having trouble with breakouts from makeup build-up -- try an exfoliating glove. I solved a lifetime of facial breakouts with exfoliating. When you first try it, it feels like you are scrubbing your face with steel wool but it really isn't very harsh and your face will be wonderfully clean from a $3 pair of nylon mesh gloves that last indefinitely, soap and water.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    It's all about the peanut butter. If you have all those calories left.. Have an extra tbsp for me, will ya?? ;)