why do people sabotage

Options

Replies

• razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for your constructive criticism. I was borderline diabetic and that was the reason l changed my lifestyle. I have put the weight back on due to a gym injury and began to believe that l wasnt eating enoughand felt that no one was happy with my weight loss. I am back in the gym and back on mfp and losing weight slowly. Just focused on that l will not allow anyones opinions to affect my weight loss journey and l am only accountable to myself thanks
  • razisready
    Options
    I'm sorry your family forced fed you until you gained back all the weight. They are not very nice.

• razisready
    Options
    I am back on it and focused and now know not to let anyone's judgements affect my weight loss journey. I just wondered if anyone else had any experiences thanks appreciate all comments
  • razisready
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    There are a couple of things that could be happening here:

1. They felt jealous/insecure because of your weight loss, so they wanted you to regain the weight.
    2. You really didn't have 16 lbs to lose and became underweight.
    3. You were at a healthy weight but arrived there through unhealthy means (extremely low calories with improper nutrition) and so you were, in fact, ill.

Can you provide more information about how you lost the 16 lbs, and what your starting and goal weight are?

• razisready
    Options
    Hi family and friends said they liked the older larger version of me. I lost weight through exercise and calorie controlled diet of 1200cals l was 12stone and went to 13stone 3lbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    razisready wrote: »
    Hi family and friends said they liked the older larger version of me. I lost weight through exercise and calorie controlled diet of 1200cals l was 12stone and went to 13stone 3lbs

When you use the quote button, you can just write under the text you quote.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi family and friends said they liked the older larger version of me.

That's... kind of an odd thing to say. Did you ask why?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »

Could just be cultural. Some cultures prefer larger bodies re: female standard of beauty.
  • techgal128
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Could just be cultural. Some cultures prefer larger bodies re: female standard of beauty.

Very true. I didn't even think of that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Sabotage would be say feeding you something that is nutritionally healthy when intern it is. So it doesn't sound like sabotage. What is does sound like is that you were coerced to their points of view and gave in.
    Now realize that it's a point of view and not always something you need to agree on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • razisready
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Sabotage would be say feeding you something that is nutritionally healthy when intern it is. So it doesn't sound like sabotage. What is does sound like is that you were coerced to their points of view and gave in.
    Now realize that it's a point of view and not always something you need to agree on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I do realise that now thanks
  • razisready
    Options

Yea they said that they werent used to the slimmer me and thought l looked unhealthy.
  • razisready
    Options

When you use the quote button, you can just write under the text you quote.

Thank you for that advice
  • techgal128
    Options

Yea they said that they werent used to the slimmer me and thought l looked unhealthy.

You could always say something like, "I feel so much better than I did before!" or something like that. Basically just reassure them that this is an improvement for you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the other replies. But my husband tells me at least once a day to STOP losing weight. I only had 20ish lbs to lose, so was never huge in the first place. But I have yet to figure out what his motive is...
    He does a lot of the cooking, a couple of things I've caught him doing is adding extra oil/sauces to my food, adding sugar on my fruit and who knows what the hell else!
    so yeah, I live with a big ol saboteur
  • razisready
    Options
    I haven't read all the other replies. But my husband tells me at least once a day to STOP losing weight. I only had 20ish lbs to lose, so was never huge in the first place. But I have yet to figure out what his motive is...
    He does a lot of the cooking, a couple of things I've caught him doing is adding extra oil/sauces to my food, adding sugar on my fruit and who knows what the hell else!

Lol thats funny
  • razisready
    Options

You could always say something like, "I feel so much better than I did before!" or something like that. Basically just reassure them that this is an improvement for you.
    I have told them all to respect my weightloss journey and its my health that matters to me now
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

He adds sugar to your fruit??

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

He adds sugar to your fruit??

yep! He thinks sugar is loaded with calories ;)
    I sometimes chop a whole heap of fruit up and leave it In the fridge or he does fruit salads and my bowl will have sugar added, and his won't