Sugar binges

Options
Hey just signed back up today tried numerous times in the past but I end up starving after a few days and binging! Don't understand the macros section so going to concerntrate on tracking calories. Can I eat anything aslong as its under my calorie allowance? Eg a meal out, a packet sandwich or a tub of Pringles if I have calorie spare? I'm trying hard now to cut out sugar. Swapping family bars of Galaxy for cereal bars to start with! Need to lose 48 pounds or as close to by October! I am active anyway just need to sort my diet! Any advice please? I've set my goal to a pound a week to start with

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    One thing i look out for when choosing something to eat is the label. Look at the per 100g and then check out the total fat content and sugar content. If they are generally under 5g then i will have it.
    Don't cut sugar out completely. i tried and lasted about 2 months then went for a total binge. Then i did it again and binged again. The way i help myself is by having a treat each week. Some have it everyday but i found that i get stuck in a rut and go excessive having too many treats.
    Most of all, don't think of this as a diet but as healthy eating. life shouldn't get in the way. Enjoy a meal out every now and then but make sensible choices like choosing a tomato based pasta rather than a cream one. Same with curries. Choose chicken rather than red meats. It's the little changes that all add up.
    Also when you want something sweet, i make a fruit smoothie with milk and and fruit. This helps fill me up and isn't so bad on calories and fat content.
    Each person is different. Try different things and find something that works for you. Good luck!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yes, a calorie is a calorie. However, you will learn quickly that if you don't want to be hungry all the time, you will want to eat items that pack the most nutritional punch for the least calories. So ... sugary treat? Yes sure. Enjoy it. As you log honestly day after day, you will see that you will be a happier (read: less hungry) person if you diversify your diet. There are ways to enjoy treats but also improve the value of your daily nutrition intake.

Also, I got bogged down in the macros at first - I'm not a person who agonizes over the details like that (I don't weigh my food either), so it was stressing me out to think I was doing it wrong if anything came out in the red. Then I wisened up and remembered all the positive changes I was making. I am honest and I believe this will work for me - these are key components to success here, imho. I focus on the fitness, and in order to improve my athletic performance, I work the nutrition side, too.

Good luck!
  • lean269
    lean269 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I did it before eat half an avocado it would go red and Id get frustrated! That's really good to know I can eat what I want and lose weight. I eat healthy just over do the chocolate!