Cycling - first time out since starting weight loss

Options
I've always enjoyed cycling and have cycled before starting weight loss but was never very fast. Yesterday I ventured out for the first time this year (and the first time since I started losing weight in earnest). The transformation was amazing, despite not being conditioned to cycling, having been out of the saddle for so long. I was faster, and more comfortable on the bike, it's amazing how much difference not carrying around 10 or so kg of dead weight makes! It will be even better when I'm closer to my goal weight!

Another thing that i noticed was the number of calories i was able to burn without really noticing it. So much better than being stuck in the gym!

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I went for a cycyle yesterday and I have to say I love the challenge and the chance to be outside, it really is my fav.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i read a quote recently that said something like, "cycling is 20x less dangerous than not cycling."
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Cycling doesn't feel like exercise. So you really don't get as much drudgery, just sunburns. Find a cycle club if you can. A little chit chat can take your mind of any distance. Sometimes it's easier to just follow a wheel 10 ft. in front of you. :)