Apple shaped lady's pics -- need inspiration

Options
OK, ladies. So not all of us fall into the hourglass or pear shaped body type. I am 5'5, currently between the sizes of 18-20 with a mind to get down into an 8/10 eventually. I am one of the "lucky" women who are apple shaped -- that is, I carry most of my weight in the middle. It's hard for me to visualize what I will look like when I actually do lose the weight and I could use the motivation. Any other apple shaped ladies around my height that lost a significant amount of weight? I have been overweight for my entire adult life so this is completely alien territory for me. Post pics please!!!

Replies

• andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've never learned to share pictures in here.... but look at my profile, add me if you want.
  • Wildfire916
    Options
    Wow, thank you for sharing! That's fantastic progress!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, ladies. So not all of us fall into the hourglass or pear shaped body type. I am 5'5, currently between the sizes of 18-20 with a mind to get down into an 8/10 eventually. I am one of the "lucky" women who are apple shaped -- that is, I carry most of my weight in the middle. It's hard for me to visualize what I will look like when I actually do lose the weight and I could use the motivation. Any other apple shaped ladies around my height that lost a significant amount of weight? I have been overweight for my entire adult life so this is completely alien territory for me. Post pics please!!!
    With an apple shape, at a healthier size/weight, you will most likely be some variation of "ruler. That means, not much (if any) difference between your hips and waist. Think Madonna.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    She seems Apple Shaped (from biggest loser)

NUP_135192_0372.ss_full-300x225.jpg

or

tara-before-after.jpg
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress, but here is my so far pictures!

The picture on the far left is my before and the last two were taken 10 weeks apart, this past fall, as comparison pictures for an at-home workout I was doing.

I'm sorry, I can't find the front pictures right now, though.

a9420b31abc5c06b908df35af37bfa19402f.jpg
  • Wildfire916
    Options
    That's great! Thanks for posting those pics. It helps to see what other women have done.

I think my body type probably looks most like that 2nd lady from the Biggest Loser. I wish I was more hourglass shaped but you gotta work with what you have, right??? :)
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate being an apple, but I'm hoping/praying there are some curves underneath all this fluff that will be coming out soon. :)
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have heard that, at a healthy weight and body fat percentage, there is a lot less difference between a pear, apple, and hourglass than there is at an elevated weight. The second lady from The Biggest Loser started out as a definite apple, but at goal weight it would be hard to classify her as one more than another of the 3 categories. She looks balanced.

My guess is that if you start out at a size 18 and an apple, you will be "balanced" at size 8/10.
  • Wildfire916
    Options
    Thank you. I think that you're probably right. Being in a healthy weight range will make whatever curves I have appear more balanced. Very good point!
  • Mapes84
    Mapes84 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am a classic apple. I wear a size 6 but still have a 30" waist
  • deedeesaysraaa
    deedeesaysraaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics because although I have lost over 3st, there has been hardly any changes to my Apple shaped figure lol I've lost inches BUT am currently still an Apple x I'm sure it will change as I have another 3st to go but right now I'm a shrunk apple haha x

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm now much more ruler (or rectangle or banana--I've heard it phrased many ways) shaped after losing 53 pounds. The after picture here is at 149 lbs in a size 8 dress. My waist is just over 30" and I'm 5'6". I'm within 10 lbs. of my final goal and just now have hit the point where I feel like my waist is not visibly disproportionate to my body.

MyCollage_2_zpsr0liibmi.png
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My profile pic on the left is me at a size 12 ( I am now a 10) and on the right I'm in a size 20. I'm an apple shaped still have some inches to loose but getting there.
  • Kiku10
    Kiku10 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a total apple at 5'4" 145 pounds, size 12 with a 32 inch waist at the skinny part. I wish i had pictures of me at about 137 with size 30 waist and size 10. I look a lot better. My butt gets even flatter but i think 30 squats every other day would help. Good luck to you -a couple sizes and toning goes a long way.
  • ReineJade
    ReineJade Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly extreme apple shape. My hips are smaller than my waist and I have thin arms and legs. Literally all of my extra weight is in my chest and belly. As I've lost weight, the belly fat has been the last to come off. I had to get within about 10 lbs of my UGW before I wasn't an obvious apple. The best part of being an apple? We look GREAT in pencil skirts and skinny jeans. It may not feel like it yet, but I think we have the best figures and it's pretty terrific when you start to see the changes. It will definitely keep you motivated ;)
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not what shape i am anymore. Marshmallow I feel fluffy all over.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!