To the earlier you in life

Options
SillyCat1975
SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
If could say anything to the younger you, If you are already young, then what would you say to the future you. Also, the same question applies to the older group too. For me, It would be, You will struggle, you will find at times that it's easier to give up and give in. But, put your whole heart into everything that you do and know that success isn't easy but it's always worth it. You can do it because you are worth it. Life will throw curve balls at you, it's all about how I will handle those, food isn't your source of comfort, finding out what hurt you and made you turn to food. Food doesn't have to define me, I am choosing to eat because I want to live, not live because I want to eat. I wish I could go back into earlier time and talk to myself, I can't do that, but I can enforce who I am today and reinforce that I can do all things if I just put my mind, heart, soul and body into it........

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    To my younger self I would Say... Put down the extra bar of chocolate. It won't help you.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Don't let yourself get fat again, you big effing dummy. Oh, and figure out a way to have your daughter without ever meeting/marrying her mom.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    With respect to health/fitness/nutrition? To my younger self: learn how to eat right, sooner rather than later.

To my older self: I'm so glad we got the weight off and learned to eat right BEFORE the middle age metabolism settled in! And: so glad we kept exercising!
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "Stop Giving Up So Easily!"
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    To my much younger self.....you are worthy.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    To my younger self-

Don't wait so long to realize you are worth the effort and you CAN do it, stop messing around and get on it already.

To my older self- see I knew we could do it!! Congratulations and lets celebrate - but not with food- we have been down that road.....
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sleep as much as you can...cause once you have kids you will never sleep again:(

And..a chocolate bar won't kill you..the binge that followed because you decided to start again tomorrow might though...

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    To my younger self- You have it pretty good. Be happier with yourself. Keep track of your calories and exercise just a bit every day and you can avoid years of weight issues. Your value as a human does not come from your size though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    To 15-year-old me: See how Dad is in the hospital and just said he has diabetes? Don't let that happen to you.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dear Mary Kate,
    Put the beer down. Stop drinking until its bar time. Stop stuffing your face at the college cafeteria. I know its a good deal and it looks so good, but you will become diabetic-type 2 at age 22. Pick up a book and learn something about nutrition. Wear more shorts. Enjoy your boobs while you have them, they will be gone at age 24. Get off facebook. Remember how much your family loves you. You work hard and should enjoy self-care more.

Love, Mary Kate
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tech stocks are going to crash hard in late 2000. When that happens, buy a s**t-load of Apple stock.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my advice to my younger self would be ' Always do the right thing' - because, there was a time when i didn't, and though I appreciate it helped make me the person I am today, they were some hard lessons to learn.

and, regarding diet and exercise it would be.... exercise - you really DO like it! TRUST ME!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Dear Younger Me,

Being stronger is fantastic! Also, learn to cook properly - it really isn't as scary as it seems!

Love,
    Older Me
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    to my younger self...live your dreams..get a profession..gain control over your life, as others, family, a man might try to control you..oh you get fat..ha ha! but so what!
    to my abit younger self..to stop being fat ALL those yrs, take some bxxxxy exercise!
    to my older self..live your dreams.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Younger self...remember that chubby girl that had a crush on you and you totally ignored...she is totally hot now, and a lawyer. You are an idiot.

• fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Younger self, PLEASE realize that your relationship with food is not normal or healthy, and go get help instead of trying to fight it by yourself for so long. It's a problem that's bigger than you, and you can't do it alone, even as much as you want to and think you can.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We did this exercise as part of a marriage retreat with the intent of helping deal with any child wounding. I'm action packed with issues so it was an interesting talk.

In the end, the answer was "none of it was your fault."

Also, that thing he did to you was wrong and he knew it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Younger Me:

Don't bother with college. You'll end up $40k in debt with no job prospects other than dishwashing. Don't get pregnant either. Just say no; you'll know the time. Stop hanging out with Kim and Julie. They're just f***ing with you.

Older Me
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ignore all the hateful things they are saying to you. Don't let it scar you as badly as it did.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lift. It will change your life.