Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1st month eating healthy

seneth
seneth Posts: 13 Member
And exercising, ive lost 8lbs in this first month after changing my eating habits. And feel GREAT! But, im still fighting cravings . im 5"2 and i weigh 204 after loosing 8lbs. My goal is to weight around 120-130...this app is great . i can keep track of how much im eating . ive cut out ALL BREAD, SWEETS,PASTA,SODA, FAST FOOD, AND OVER EATING! I feel great although i still crave everything i mentioned .... Ive been drinking green tea 3x a day

Replies

• Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 286 Member
    8 Pounds = "feel GREAT'
    16 Pounds = "feel awesome"
    32 Pounds = "feel like a beast"
    64 Pounds = "feel like you rule the world"
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    8 Pounds = "feel GREAT'
    16 Pounds = "feel awesome"
    32 Pounds = "feel like a beast"
    64 Pounds = "feel like you rule the world"

Oh, gosh, Charlie and Seneth! I will feel SPECTACULAR when I've lost 8 lbs, because it will mean I'm going the right direction at last. Seneth, pickles, man. That's the secret. Zero calories. 2 dills go a long way, believe it or not. And drink tons of water because your stomach says, "No, wait. I'm full. No, maybe not. No, OK. Yes I am. OK, nevermind." ; )
  • seneth
    Thanks! And yes been drinking that water although its annoying having to go pee evry hr
  • Terrapin88
    Terrapin88 Posts: 13 Member
    Congrats! I'm about a month in too and I find that it's getting easier every week to eat right. :)
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    That's awesome! Keep it up. I don't think I could survive without breads though. love em! I try to keep them rare though. They always make it tough to stay within my sodium goal. :)
  • seneth
    Terrapin88 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm about a month in too and I find that it's getting easier every week to eat right. :)

Yes it gets easier. My 2nd and 3rd day were like the worst for me , i think i was going thru food withdrawal with incredible cravings for soda and bread !
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    seneth wrote: »
    And exercising, ive lost 8lbs in this first month after changing my eating habits. And feel GREAT! But, im still fighting cravings . im 5"2 and i weigh 204 after loosing 8lbs. My goal is to weight around 120-130...this app is great . i can keep track of how much im eating . ive cut out ALL BREAD, SWEETS,PASTA,SODA, FAST FOOD, AND OVER EATING! I feel great although i still crave everything i mentioned .... Ive been drinking green tea 3x a day

That's your problem. Why give up all of your favorite foods? If you want to be successful with weight loss & maintaining once you hit your goal then you need to learn how to eat your favorite foods in moderation.

You essentially need to eat in a way that is sustainable for the rest of your life & not overly restrictive.
  • Lareessa
    Lareessa Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    I can't wait for that 8 lbs to go... 8 lbs at a time!
  • RuthyLOL
    RuthyLOL Posts: 62 Member
    Second day! I am doing two meal with green smoothies and one "regular" plus a healthy snack. Let's see what happens... Starting weigh is 281.2 lbs I hope I am so this. I really need it.
  • wmcnear
    wmcnear Posts: 2
    Awesome, congrats to you and keep it moving. I'm inspired by your comments especially regarding cutting out those items that keep me on a roller-coaster ride to my goal. I'm determined and I know that I can do this. I just bought the vivofit in hopes that this device will keep me on track as far as my food intake.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Awesome! Go you! I'm also trying to get cleaner. You're an inspiration. :)
  • seneth
    Thanks guys. And No im not planning on never eating the foods a mentioned (pasta,bread....). I just want to eat clean for the first 6-8wks to clean up my body. And i do believe moderation when eating anything including ur fav foods!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Ah, good to read that last comment seneth! I gave up bread for March because my friend dared me. I've had to be more creative and less lazy than just having buttered toast and sandwiches or even that cheeky bread roll or garlic bread with a meal out. That first half a stone is a real boost and starts showing on the outside. Don't make it all about the weight though, make sure you're measuring too as a smaller waist does wonders for your self confidence and health. Plus it helps if you get to a stage when you're building muscle.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Welcome and congrats on losing 8 lbs. I have lost 134 lbs with this app and some support groups I belong to. I had the same carving you mentioned. I was eating fast food at least 5 times per week and drinking around a 12 pack a day of soda. That was a great recipe for ending up 450. In the beginning it was tough. I recommend that you spend some time thinking about your why. I call it "Why Power". Why do you want to get healthy? It's not as easy to come up with a strong why as you think. It needs to be something that will carry you through the tough days. We can not count on willpower it will leave you when you need it most. "Why Power" has the ability to get you through. Your why will likely change and evolve over time. I also recommend writing it down somewhere. If your feeling bold post it around your house. Also write down your goals. A goal written is much more likely to be achieved.

Sorry for the long response. I am very passionate about this journey and have learned so mush along the way. Anyone can feel free to add me for additional support. Good Luck you can do this. If I can anyone can.
  • RuthyLOL
    RuthyLOL Posts: 62 Member
    Second day! I am doing two meal with green smoothies and one "regular" plus a healthy snack. Let's see what happens... Starting weigh is 281.2 lbs I hope I am so this. I really need it.

Today is day 3, and I lost 5.9lbs from 281.2 to 275.3 with the green smoothies! It is working. Maybe you want to replace one meal with a green smoothie. Keep it up!
  • seneth
    Btbeam wrote: »
    Welcome and congrats on losing 8 lbs. I have lost 134 lbs with this app and some support groups I belong to. I had the same carving you mentioned. I was eating fast food at least 5 times per week and drinking around a 12 pack a day of soda. That was a great recipe for ending up 450. In the beginning it was tough. I recommend that you spend some time thinking about your why. I call it "Why Power". Why do you want to get healthy? It's not as easy to come up with a strong why as you think. It needs to be something that will carry you through the tough days. We can not count on willpower it will leave you when you need it most. "Why Power" has the ability to get you through. Your why will likely change and evolve over time. I also recommend writing it down somewhere. If your feeling bold post it around your house. Also write down your goals. A goal written is much more likely to be achieved.

Sorry for the long response. I am very passionate about this journey and have learned so mush along the way. Anyone can feel free to add me for additional support. Good Luck you can do this. If I can anyone can.

Thanks!... I have been very unhappy about my weight pretty much all my life . ive always been chubby. I have 2 kids and that along with post partum depression really made me an emotional eater. My usual weight was btween 150-165. 212 is the biggest ive been. Feeling unhappy ALL THE TIME and embarrassed about my weight and emotional eating ive had enough and was tired of being tired feeling and sluggish along with low energy allll day. But now just one month later im feeling happy , have more energy and i dont feel tired aalll day like i dis just one month ago. Its a toral life style change!!!!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Congrats
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Congrats and keep up the good work! :)
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    you will prob fall of the wagon eventually if u cut out all your fav foods ... Why do that ??
  • seneth
    you will prob fall of the wagon eventually if u cut out all your fav foods ... Why do that ??

Only doing that for a few mor wks just to clean my body. Then everything in moderation inlcluding those fav foods. That wuld b a set up for total failure