Don't read if you're looking for motivation

Options
goron59
goron59 Posts: 890 Member
Really.

But now you're here...

I have become desensitised to any kind of motivation, whether it be meeting goals, supportive comments, "thoughts of the day," or whatever.

Seeing a set of green numbers on the completed diary does nothing for me. Red the same.

It doesn't bother me. But it probably should.

Probably just having a bad day... or need a different kind of motivation.

I'll keep being as good as I can though, just in case.

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have become desensitised to any kind of motivation, whether it be meeting goals, supportive comments, "thoughts of the day," or whatever.
    Maybe you just don't respond well to "nice".

How about if I come down there and give you a good hard smack if you don't stay in line? :bigsmile:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have times like this. I'm really discouraged right now because I'm pregnant and I'm watching the scale go up and up. Logically I know this is COMPLETELY stupid but I spent a lot of time losing 90 lbs and now I'm scared to death that I won't lose a single pound after I have this baby. I'm also discouraged at the fact that I'm no longer able to do a lot of the lifiting, boxing, cardio, etc. that I used to. It's frustrating but I try to look at the logical side of things and keep the hormonal in check and I KNOW this is cause in my case.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Believe me, we all have those days! :indifferent:
  • Inkedsquid
    Inkedsquid Posts: 42
    Options
    Have you tried being mean to yourself? I know everyone here is super supportive "Good job!!!! You can do it!!!!" Etc etc..... but a little shame and some curse words go a long way with me. Every time I have to skip a piece of cake or a drink with friends because it will put me over my calories, I remind myself that it's MY fault that I gained weight in the first place. If I can't squeeze into an old pair of jeans I'll call myself a fat &@^#& and work and push harder so that I WILL fit them.

It sounds a little sadistic now that I read back over it, but it's what works for ME. Then again, I also thouroughly enjoyed bootcamp, which with hindsight that is kind of weird too. **sighs**
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Maybe a new motivation really is the answer Adrian? I lost interest in the green or red figures too - they can be very boring. My focus switched to doing my c25k Treadmill Torture and actually managing to run 5k. I've not been interested in counting calories etc for quite some time now... maybe you need to set yourself a more interesting goal than calorie counting and food? And don't you think you can stop giving me support just because you're feeling a bit disinterested...now, give me some inspirational chat...or else ;)
    *hugs* Netty x
  • messiejessy
    Options
    I think I lost all ability to be motivated a long time ago. I also don't care all that much about the numbers. You know what motivates me?? (and I am sure you really don't care, but humor me)..Not feeling like crap. If I eat the stuff that tastes soooo good, I feel heavy, tired and yucky. Say a small fry...I crave the salt but then my skin is so greasy for the next 6 hrs...I am the one who has to live in my body...So I am the one who decides how I want that existance to be. If I want to feel like **** (excuse the term) that I will make the decision to eat something I shouldn't...fully aware that I will feel like **** in a few hours. In my maturity I have decided that life is hard enough without physically feeling like crap...so I try and decide to eat things that will keep me feeling good rather than make each day harder.
    I know my clock said I have lost 0 lbs..but in fact I lost 40 before I started using this thing...My doc wants me to keep track of my intake of salt and sugar so I figured this would be the best way. I still have about 100 lbs to lose ! but I wont do it by sitting in a chair stressing over numbers on a screen :)
    Long story short - I eat what makes me feel good - in turn I feel good enough to get up and do stuff - ride bikes, plant flowers, play with the dogs or the kids - all these things get me moving, which in turn helps me to firm up, or at least be healthier. Sorry you are having a bad day :) We all deserve to have them once in a while though..Just don't allow a bad day to become a bad week :) Good luck !
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    Or, you could just stop sniveling and suck it up!! Green numbers, red numbers, your right, it doesn't matter! You can be as fat and out of shape as you want. Your not hurting anyone else that way, right?? And just think, when all is said and done you will always have yourself to blame so, do what ya want. Suck it up, don't suck it up, nothing anyone else says matters ultimately anyway, good or bad, it's still up to you. Just maybe try to decide what kind of person you are for yourself and how you want to live your life. I hope things turn out for you just how you want them to. :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be fat? Do you? No? Then get off your *kitten*, princess.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I didn't say I wanted to be fat; in fact I've been quite successful in becoming unfat and am very pleased with my progress. I'm just not that enthusiastic about it right now :)
  • Inkedsquid
    Inkedsquid Posts: 42
    Options

And just like that...you became my new best friend :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'm just not that enthusiastic about it right now :)
    The good news is that your body doesn't care whether you're enthusiastic or not. Only how much exercise you get and what you feed it.

Hopefully the good habits you've picked up so far will sustain you until your get up and go gets up and comes back. :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1.jpg
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I didn't say I wanted to be fat; in fact I've been quite successful in becoming unfat and am very pleased with my progress. I'm just not that enthusiastic about it right now :)

I'm just trying to motivate you. Clearly, I have failed. *self-destructs*
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Love love love this
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yo- Adrian- no curries for a week man- that may just be the change you need to shake things up!