What shoes should I buy?!?!

Options
So it's been about... ummm 11 years since I bought a new pair of gym shoes... In fact it's been so long that *I* am not even the one that bought them, my mom bought them for me!!

Since my toes having been regularly falling asleep toward the end of my workouts lately, and because I've been regularly going to the gym for over 3 months now, I decided it was time to spend a little cash and buy new shoes.

I went to the Running Room on purpose, because I heard they assess your feet and tell you exactly what kind of shoe would be best for you... Apparently I have strong ankles and am "neutral" as far as pronation goes. I ended up trying on about 6 pairs, found out my old shoes are likely a size too small (hence the toes falling asleep) and walked away with a pair of women's Nike Pegasus 27. They're comfy and super lightweight.

However since arriving home I've been reading about types of shoes and I'm not sure *running shoes* are right for my workout regime. I normally workout on elliptical trainers, and do BodyPump classes (cardio weight training, for those of you who aren't familiar with Les Mills classes). I do plan to jog more now that warmer weather is here, but I will continue to have a little variety in my workouts.

After researching I think I should return the Pegasus and look into getting cross-trainers. Does anyone have any recommendations for good cross trainers that you're happy with? I've been looking at the Nike Air Max Team ST online...

I appreciate any suggestions/recommendations!! Thank you for your help! :)

Replies

• staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should tell the assesser what your exercise consists of so they can recommend an all-around shoe.
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    If you aren't planning on actually running, feel free to get the cross-trainers. They tend to be more flexible on the bottom for movements needed to do things like bodypump. My friend uses Nike cross trainers for P90X. When I start that up again i'll use cross trainers for P90x and my running shoes for running.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I prefer running shoes for the extra support and they help keep your feet pointing forward. Personally I prefer the New Balance runners, but each person has their own. The only thing I don't use running shoes for is Zumba because they can cause knee injuries by preventing sideways movement.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Five fingers...might sound crazy but their crazy awesome
  • lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Asics Gel shoes. They are amazing.
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    I love my Reebok Zigtech shoes. Amazing comfort. Only shoe I will train in now