Trying this out again, need some friends

Options
I tried to use mfp before but I just wasn't motivated enough. So I'm thinking if I have some friends to motivate me I'll do better this time.

A bit about me: I'm a 19 year old female, I've been vegan for 5 months and I'm getting back into running with the Nike+ running app. I'm looking to gain healthier habits, but losing some fat wouldn't be the end of the world.

So hopefully I stick with it this time.

Replies

• mkwheeler50
    mkwheeler50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You got this! Good luck with your goals!
  • MERRYMONKEY512
    MERRYMONKEY512 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I used to be a runner too, 3 or 4 miles 5 or so days a week..would like to get back into it but hate the initial breaking in period. I was also vegan for quite a few years(ethical reasons only), but have recently been eating eggs and some dairy, mostly for convienence sake. Starting to feel guilty about it though so will probably be back to all veg soon. I'm petty new to mfp but I like the idea, plus no more papers lying around with illegible foods and numbers scrawled on them. Let us know how it goes!
  • neicygeis
    neicygeis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back to it. And for running! I've been trying to run, it doesn't come naturally to me at all…it's hard! But my husband runs and it would be so fun for us to do it together…I want to feel the wind in my hair! Maybe we can help each other
  • martygutierrez
    martygutierrez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Getting back to it is half the battle. Me too... Started back with my running routine but looking for friends to keep me encouraged....good luck to ya and hope we speak soon